Camping out tonight

7mm08

7mm08

In Atlanta Hartfield airport on the floor!!!! Flight delayed all day. Got on the final one in Atlanta and they pulled us off and now we hope to go out in the AM. It’s been interesting. No campfire !!!!

T

TIGGREM2

Definitely not my idea of camping out. Hope you get the first flight out of there !!

Kimber45

Kimber45

WOW Phil that sux! You’re a patient one for sure, I’d be rolling in an enterprise rentahotrodfortheday I think. I have a negative value in terms of patience :)

How’s the DIL healing/doing?

7mm08

7mm08

Kimber45":10d5fzwj said:
WOW Phil that sux! You’re a patient one for sure, I’d be rolling in an enterprise rentahotrodfortheday I think. I have a negative value in terms of patience :)

How’s the DIL healing/doing?

Ha! Well. “Reserved” a car for me and 4 NEW friends trying to get home. Hertz said car will be ready, we got to the ticket counter and Hertz said NO CARS AVAILABLE,COMPUTER ERROR!! WE checked UBER ....$1000 to K’town!!! ( I’m going to become an Uber driver next storm)

Now we are waiting on a crew!!!

One of my fishing buddies said he would come get me but I said no .... for now :(

And this was after I helped take care of an on board medical emergency! What a day

Gravey

Gravey

Supporter
Been there done that when the bomb went off at the 96 olympics. Was on my way to Cancun for our honeymoon. Sleeping with one eye open wasn’t fun.

Mag

Mag

Here's a tip....most people are renting those cars for one or two days only to get to their final destination. Try renting it for the week but ensure there isn't an early return fee. Worked for me a few years ago when stranded in Atlanta. Last flight in on a Friday and they closed the airport. Was told earliest flight out was going to be Sunday evening! No hotels and no cars (until I learned about the rental idea and was able to get a car) good luck.

Camp David

Camp David

My flight home from Charlotte Friday was cancelled. They said it was because of weather in Atlanta. I was scheduled to be home at 2 PM. They rerouted me through Dallas and new arrival was to be 10 PM. I was lucky to be the 6th or 8th person in line to rebook (line quickly grew into a mob down the corridor) and got on standby in DFW for a flight that would get me home at 8 PM. That flight was delayed by about 40 minutes, but I got on. Even got a exit row seat, unfortunately next to an OSP.

Certainly makes for a long day. After 23 years, you still never get used to it, but you sure can get tired of it. Fortunately my last trip on the iron bird for 2017.

There truly is no place like home. Hope you made it safely.

7mm08

7mm08

Finally made it home around noon. Get this..got on plane and got delayed for COFFEE POT problem on a non beverage flight. !!! Then about a 45 min delay to get deiced. Oh yeah. Baggage was no where in site and I had to come back to the airport to pick it up!