camper advice needed ?

southernhunter

a buddy of mine has a 1978 20 foot layton bumper pulled camper for sell , it has 4 new tires and a new frig, but the a/c isnt cooling, the pipes froze and now it has a leak but he isnt sure how bad .the inside could use some work as well , like new flooring ect m he is asking 700 for it . what yall think ?

A

Anonymous

Leaks are bad to find and stop , may have started to rot floors. It al depends what u want to do with it ???
Them water lines are expensive to fix unless you replace them all with pvc

JohnG

Sound like a decent price if your mechanically inclined. Campers are not that bad to work on, just some things are restricted on space.

southernhunter

thanks guys, i ended up buying it , i got it for 500 , the leaking roof is the worst thing about it. i was thinking of just taking the ac unit off and patching the hole up . and buying one of those portable ac units to sit inside the camper. what yall think ??

J D

I would get the unit checked before I pulled it off. Could be just low enough on Freon to keep the compressor from kicking in or as simple as a relay for the unit. Good thing about on a camper you can pull it to someone to check out, might save a service charge.

southernhunter

ac man told me it was a old r-12 unit and not worth the money to fix .i am not sure myself i know nothing about ac units myself ..