Calling people liars

jameseboy

I recognize there are plenty of liars out there and especially among politicians but it sure seems like people more and more jump to that especially when it is political. Sometimes people are not liars they are just wrong. Sometimes people discuss what they believe at the time but later learn more. Doesn’t matter which party the liar
tag seems like the first response to any statement No matter people jump right in with they are lying. Maybe it just seems worse because of social media but it really gets old. I yearn for the days of civil discourse

younggun308

I yearn for the days when politicians are honest and not liars.

Politicians pander and overstate their goals. It’s *dishonest*, inherently. But bald-faced lies are fewer and farther in between (though always occurring).

The Pentagon Papers leaked during Vietnam revealed several administrations lied for years about the situation on the ground. Bill Clinton lied about Lewinsky. Obama lied about keeping your insurance. But they all said a lot of other dishonest things that fall short of a lie.

BMan

Politicians pander and overstate their goals. It’s *dishonest*, inherently. But bald-faced lies are fewer and farther in between (though always occurring).

The Pentagon Papers leaked during Vietnam revealed several administrations lied for years about the situation on the ground. Bill Clinton lied about Lewinsky. Obama lied about keeping your insurance. But they all said a lot of other dishonest things that fall short of a lie.

I've stopped giving them the benefit of a doubt. We need more of them called out than given a pass.

Last edited:

Pic IN the Casa

About 10 yrs ago I had a supv at work who was all about kumbaya touchy feely management.
One of my employees and someone from another department had a sharp disagreement. After some detective work I told the other employee I had proof they were lying.
My supv told me we will never use the word 'lying' while she was there. I asked what word should I use and she had no alternatives. 🙄🙄

backyardtndeer

Don't see anything wrong in calling out someone for what they are, so long as you know for certain you are in the right. A lot of politicians are habitual liars in my opinion, they knowingly deceive people on a regular basis. Sad really.

Snake

Supporter
About 10 yrs ago I had a supv at work who was all about kumbaya touchy feely management.
One of my employees and someone from another department had a sharp disagreement. After some detective work I told the other employee I had proof they were lying.
My supv told me we will never use the word 'lying' while she was there. I asked what word should I use and she had no alternatives. 🙄🙄
Dishonest , deceitful, untruthful all meaning they very same thing.

PalsPal

Lying, be definition, includes the intent to deceive. In other words, they know that what they are saying isn't true.

Some may do it out of ignorance, but they are not a liar.

Safari Hunt

I yearn for the days when politicians are honest and not liars.
There never has been "those days." Just finished the life of Douglas MacArthur by William Manchester; title is American Caesar. American politics fought MacArthur up to his dismissal by Truman who should have let him go and deal with the Chinese and Russians in Korea. Another book dealt with WWII and the years leading up to and past the Normandy Invasion. Ike had to balance between Allied leaders. Roosevelt has to deal with the Brits and the Ruskis. The Allies wanted to take Berlin but Stalin played the synmpathy card that the Russians has suffered under the Nazis..so give us Berlin and everything East. The beginning of the Cold War! One book has the German soldiers wanting to join the Allies and fight the Ruskis! Guess they knew what was coming. Politics again so no go! Going back in history to the colonial times and up to the present, one would be disheartened to see what went on behind the scenes in local politics, state politics and in Washington.

cbhunter

Supporter
I was in sales for over 35 years and resent that.
No harm meant but have you tried to deal with Gasman? No doubt there are some good ones out there but it’s been a running joke with him for several years

He is one of them that will have you eat dog **** so he can sell you a toothbrush afterwards

Wildcat

Supporter
Just watch the videos with Adam Schiff. I don't think there is one thing he said that was true.

Last edited:

Latest posts