Calling in hunters

74MOPAR

After setting up yesterday afternoon and seeing my neighbor walk through my woods about 75 yards away got me wondering how many times hunters have called in other hunters,was wishing i had a firecracker to let off

TheLBLman

TLRanger said:
Never figured out why anyone would come to a hen call especially on public land but some idiots do.
Has happened to me many times over the years.

What few times I've used decoys, I've also had hunters stalking my decoys as well, although I have to admit, have received some good laughs in seeing all the work and belly-crawling some have shown in sneaking up on a decoy, then realizing it wasn't a real bird.

Atchman2

I've had it happen twice now! I'm sitting there in my blind doing some soft clucks and purrs when I hear an owl call right behind me across the creek. :) Last year, I was calling and another hunter shot the bird on the way to me. :D Good for him anyway, it probably wasn't going to come across the water to me anyhow.

TNDeerGuy

Unfortunately, I exclusively hunt public land and I have never understood why people come to a hen call�seen it several times and even my very novice turkey-hunting ears can pick out the difference between a human calling and a hen. I would never, even consider using a gobble call on public land....that's an invite to get shot at�especially with some of the Elmer Fudds I've see stomping on Priest.

J-WO

I've only called in a couple,but they usually stop and realize its not a hen long before they get on top of my setup.

Atchman2

I drove by a field the other morning and stopped to look at the scrawniest looking hens I've ever seen! Sure enough they were some decoys set out by a hunter. They weren't facing towards his blind though and it took me a good minute to finally spot him in one of those little half blinds. Perfect camo for him! Wanted to tell him though that I'd point the decoys at his blind, but that is neither here nor there. :)

Latest posts