Called in a kitty

lung-buster

Got off work early with enough time to call a couple spots. Been hearing lots of coyotes the past few months. First spot I climbed in a fork of a walnut tree about 5ft up so I could see over the rise of the ridge and started calling. This kitty came in after 15 mins of calling. It saw me and just crouched down trying to figure me out and I got the gun eased around it was over. 223 barns tsx
8b1ed9e435c0027bef31ca27b71d705c.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Lone Hunter

Rjratliff1975":3a0jxgtx said:
Congrats that's awesome! I don't call much, but I have never been able to call in a bobcat.
Try a fawn bleat call also. I've called in a bobcat with it before. Took about 30 min. before it came in.

Mike Belt

It's possible anyone that predator hunts has called in a cat and never known it. They usually don't respond anything like a coyote. They sneak in, sit and watch, and sneak some more. You really have to keep your eyes peeled for that type of movement.

Rjratliff1975

Lone Hunter":2z9jt1xq said:
Rjratliff1975":2z9jt1xq said:
Congrats that's awesome! I don't call much, but I have never been able to call in a bobcat.
Try a fawn bleat call also. I've called in a bobcat with it before. Took about 30 min. before it came in.
Thanks I will give that a try. I would love to get a bobcat for a mount!

CATCHDAWG

Mike Belt":1bi9m0t8 said:
It's possible anyone that predator hunts has called in a cat and never known it. They usually don't respond anything like a coyote. They sneak in, sit and watch, and sneak some more. You really have to keep your eyes peeled for that type of movement.
Truer words have never been spoken. I've had cats take off yards from me while leaving that I never knew were there. Also, if want to target cats you have to call differently, pretty much constantly. I almost always use a ecaller for cats because of that. They seem to like the "busy" type sounds the best.I usually use some kind of bird sound and get lucky every so often.

Latest posts