California

S

Stingray

Is now a sanctuary state.. land of the fruits and nuts

Bambi Buster

Bambi Buster

Stingray":31vyg21d said:
Is now a sanctuary state.. land of the fruits and nuts

And pot is now legal for recreational consumption there, since we're on the subject of fruits, nuts and other antidotes for the munchies.

double browtine

double browtine

Before you know it, states that legalized marijuana, will be charging folks a fee to move there. States will rename a town to Stonerville!

ImThere

ImThere

My guess Marijuana will be legalized in all states within the next 5 years. It seems I am the only person on earth that has a problem with it anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
ImThere":2voiwuza said:
My guess Marijuana will be legalized in all states within the next 5 years. It seems I am the only person on earth that has a problem with it anymore.

You're not the only one but the vast majority of people could care less what we think or believe in. :(

ImThere

ImThere

RUGER":1rgjdb9u said:
ImThere":1rgjdb9u said:

You're not the only one but the vast majority of people could care less what we think or believe in. :(
Your right I’m not the only one. I look at my kids thinking I have spent there entire lives telling them not to do drugs now society has decided drugs are ok. There thinking what else has Dad lied about? God? Morals ? Values? Heck we should all quit our jobs, but some pot, and get a check from the government.

cecil30-30

cecil30-30

Supporter
Pot is no worse.than alcohol imo. And alcohol is widely available and supported. With that said I do not drink nor smoke pot.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

huntinkev

huntinkev

cecil30-30":1kemr012 said:
Pot is no worse.than alcohol imo. And alcohol is widely available and supported. With that said I do not drink nor smoke pot.

Maybe not, my problem is people will be high and driving or working and will be danger to others. I heard last night that in the state's that pot has been legal, they have had more fatality vehicle crashes that went up after they legalized it. I think our insurances will go up, including workers comp, auto, etc.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

cecil30-30

cecil30-30

Supporter
huntinkev":2wgcior0 said:
cecil30-30":2wgcior0 said:

Maybe not, my problem is people will be high and driving or working and will be danger to others. I heard last night that in the state's that pot has been legal, they have had more fatality vehicle crashes that went up after they legalized it. I think our insurances will go up, including workers comp, auto, etc.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Let's not forget that drinking and driving is a major problem. I also heard that in states were pot is legal that employers can still not hire you if you have it in your system. Still have to pass a drug test.

DaveB

DaveB

I don't drink a beer to get drunk. Pot smokers smoke to get high.

There is a world of difference.

Wait till the traffic fatalities skyrocket and innocent folks are killed.

U

Urban_Hunter

I don't smoke so I really have no dog in the fight but I don't understand why pot is illegal in the first place. It is no where near as disabling as alcohol... ive never seen someone high unable to stand for hours while puking everywhere. If people want to smoke why don't we legalize it and tax the crap out of it like beer and tobacco? Maybe lower income tax as a tradeoff. You know how many MILLIONS we spend on policing pot? There are helicopters built for the sole purpose of detecting pot plants from the sky.... millions of dollars....

H

huntintn

DaveB":1t4l608f said:

Do you drink non alcoholic beer, there are several N/As out there. I was asked this question when I started AA years ago when I said that I drink because I like the taste. Alcohol is a drug, just like other chemically made drugs. Please don't take this as I'm being self regious, its your decision not mine.

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

Pic IN the Casa

Pic IN the Casa

ImThere":3i8hncex said:

Me and you.

Pic IN the Casa

Pic IN the Casa

Urban_Hunter":32tqjqsh said:
I don't smoke so I really have no dog in the fight but I don't understand why pot is illegal in the first place. It is no where near as disabling as alcohol... ive never seen someone high unable to stand for hours while puking everywhere. If people want to smoke why don't we legalize it and tax the crap out of it like beer and tobacco? Maybe lower income tax as a tradeoff. You know how many MILLIONS we spend on policing pot? There are helicopters built for the sole purpose of detecting pot plants from the sky.... millions of dollars....

You didn't witness my friend (when we were 20) and I smoke all day long then him begin to barf, fall to the ground and have a heart attack.

I get the money issue on the front side but wait and see it on the back side when labor for businesses slows, fear of traffic accidents cause insurance rates to rise, etc...

C

Cache

Well this thread went off topic quick so Ill add my 2 cents....If you have any money you are looking to invest Canadian pot stocks have been on FIRE lately.....

D

Dale3

Live in Mt.Juliet ,Hunt Jackson county(Gainsboro)
cecil30-30":z9ph5m1l said:

And that why there can be no stand good against legalized pot as long as we allow alcohol.
I think alcohol is worse.
I do drink, but if I had to choose between one or the other being legal, I rather see pot legalized.
People are meaner and more abusive and out of control, and out of their head on Alcohol than they are on pot.
If they did away with both, That be fine with me, but that not going to happen.
I have done both and been around many others also who used one or the other or both.
My whole life those who were drunk on alcohol were/are WAY MORE out of control and problem to themselves and others, than someone who was high
Both can be abused.
Both have and can cause health issues
With that said i MUCH rather be around and take my chances with people who are high on pot than drunk on alcohol

chunkandwind

chunkandwind

Dale3":326i6oat said:
cecil30-30":326i6oat said:

And that why there can be no stand good against legalized pot as long as we allow alcohol.
I do drink, but if I had to choose between one or the other being legal, I rather see pot legalized.
People are meaner and more abusive and out of control, and out of their head on Alcohol than they are on pot.
I have done both and been around many others also who used one or the other or both.
My whole life those who were drunk on alcohol were/are WAY MORE out of control and problem to themselves and others, than someone who was high
Both can be abused.
With that said i MUCH rather be around and take my chances with people who are high on pot than drunk on alcohol

I could not agree more. I will add, those that are going to do stupid crap are already doing it. Making it legal won’t change that.

People can bash CA all they want but CA is about to go from 6 to 5 on the worlds largest economy list. Their roads and bridges aren’t falling apart like TN and CA also ranks magnitudes higher in education and healthcare. If they didn’t have such stupid gun laws........

chunkandwind

chunkandwind

huntintn":39eru3jy said:
DaveB":39eru3jy said:

Do you drink non alcoholic beer, there are several N/As out there. I was asked this question when I started AA years ago when I said that I drink because I like the taste. Alcohol is a drug, just like other chemically made drugs. Please don't take this as I'm being self regious, its your decision not mine.

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

The truth is a hard beer to swallow.......

MUP

MUP

Supporter
Of course, California is taxing their residents into oblivion and are near bankruptcy, but puff puff pass won't hurt a thing. :D

Pic IN the Casa

Pic IN the Casa

chunkandwind":he7vp7ji said:
Dale3":he7vp7ji said:
cecil30-30":he7vp7ji said:

Both can be abused.

I could not agree more. I will add, those that are going to do stupid crap are already doing it. Making it legal won’t change that.

People can bash CA all they want but CA is about to go from 6 to 5 on the worlds largest economy list. Their roads and bridges aren’t falling apart like TN and CA also ranks magnitudes higher in education and healthcare. If they didn’t have such stupid gun laws........

Sounds like a good place to live. Wonder why people are bailing by the hoards, then? Because it sucks there. Taxes, illegals, regulations, bans, parades for Kate Steinly's illegal immigrant killer, teaching your 2nd graders gay history and transgenderism. F that place.