California plates

BuckWild

Supporter
yeah and that is what is hiking up real estate prices, investors gobbling up single family homes and renting them out creating a bubble of sorts.
Housing prices are going up because of low interest rates and high construction costs.

That's nationwide.

jb3

Watch the news and see how many companies are relocating to TN. My son has played baseball with teams located in Williamson County and I would say more than 50% of those kids were not born in TN. Their families have moved here from other states. This is not just this year, but the past 4 years we've seen this.

BMan

Housing prices are going up because of low interest rates and high construction costs.

That's nationwide.

Material costs are up, but prices are not going up across the board and few, if any, markets are going up as fast as Tennessee. Supply and demand.

WTM

Supporter

That's nationwide.
thats what i thought but my inlaws were talking about the amount of calls they get from investment firms looking for houses. they own a major realty company and have rental properties as well. when my son was selling his house in rhea county he had 3 sight unseen offers from california and new york investment firms.

i thought they were house hunters looking for clients houses until i saw this the other night. pretty good racket if tou can get into it. buy up properties and rent them out and with low inventory already, you can pretty much name your price.

Bone Collector

Supporter
I drive 65 from Boro to Nashville every day for work. Floored by how many California plates I see and it’s only increasing. I can understand the Illinois and Indiana plates as they are probably just passing through but no logical reason for California plates to be here other than to screw everything up. Had a guy at work tell me it’s the conservatives fleeing California. I’ve never met a conservative Californian.
they are moving to here and Texas in droves. It is sad. Bad times probably coming. They hear that this is the it place and no income taxes and move here for the cheap housing and land in the hip place to be. They will vote like idiots and have an income tax before long.

Also the Illinois and Indiana plates are not passing through.

Bone Collector

Supporter
Go to Northern CA. REDDING , CHICO
More conservatives than you can count! Big trucks EVERYWHERE

THEY HATE the CA government . I worked there off and on since retirement. Most want to leave. Lots of FEMALE nurses big game hunt including bear and elk.

Google “ state of Jefferson “.
I hope these are the CA folks moving here.

Crappie Luck

Staff member
We had a member on here years ago that moved to TN from California. He was an excellent Conservative. We met up a few times and hunted some spots in middle TN. I think he ended up moving to FL for work.

Great guy and I hope he and his family are doing well.

NICHOLS3

I was thinking the same thing this week driving on 40 and 640 in Knoxville amazing how many out of state plates mainly NY and Cali but Ive noticed quite a few New Jersey plates popping up.

Chiflyguy

I was thinking the same thing this week driving on 40 and 640 in Knoxville amazing how many out of state plates mainly NY and Cali but Ive noticed quite a few New Jersey plates popping up.
It’s also vacation season.
I could be wrong.
Been to New Jersey a couple times.
Full of weirdos.

NICHOLS3

It’s also vacation season.
I could be wrong.
Been to New Jersey a couple times.
Full of weirdos.
True but its not KY and Virginia plates headed south..plus my girlfriends apt mgr told her most of the people renting in her complex are from Cali and NY.

BuckWild

Supporter
thats what i thought but my inlaws were talking about the amount of calls they get from investment firms looking for houses. they own a major realty company and have rental properties as well. when my son was selling his house in rhea county he had 3 sight unseen offers from california and new york investment firms.

i thought they were house hunters looking for clients houses until i saw this the other night. pretty good racket if tou can get into it. buy up properties and rent them out and with low inventory already, you can pretty much name your price.

They bought a couple of 1000 sq ft houses in Atwood and one similar in Trenton.
They are renting them to their employees who are moving here with them.

The house by me is where they are living and the Gatlinburg house is a weekend place/ Airbnb.

They are providing homes for employees and avoiding capital gains.

They own a trucking company and are bringing it all to Tennessee.

Buzzard Breath

I get to read a lot of sales contracts and when I see Steve H. and Daniel T. buying a cabin on 5 acres in Hickman County and its contingent on their place in CA selling, I'm pretty sure they're not bringing their conservative politics here with them. I see same gender names buying places and moving here from CA way more than I would have expected.

TNTreeman

I get to read a lot of sales contracts and when I see Steve H. and Daniel T. buying a cabin on 5 acres in Hickman County and its contingent on their place in CA selling, I'm pretty sure they're not bringing their conservative politics here with them. I see same gender names buying places and moving here from CA way more than I would have expected.
" Brokeback Hickman County" ? Maybe they're just really good friends. 😂 I spoke with an older man awhile back that came from Chicago, he talked about our low crime, low taxes, etc but then said we had way too many republicans here and he was a hardcore democrat. He didn't like my estimate too much. It had some stupid tax on it.

Wiley

Material costs are up, but prices are not going up across the board and few, if any, markets are going up as fast as Tennessee. Supply and demand.
Home prices in north Alabama are up a good bit and new construction is busting at the seams. I’m speaking of the Huntsville area where subdivisions can’t be built fast enough to keep up with demand.

Latest posts