California plates

garnermtn

I drive 65 from Boro to Nashville every day for work. Floored by how many California plates I see and it’s only increasing. I can understand the Illinois and Indiana plates as they are probably just passing through but no logical reason for California plates to be here other than to screw everything up. Had a guy at work tell me it’s the conservatives fleeing California. I’ve never met a conservative Californian.

peytoncreekhunter

I got some new next door neighbors in December. I noticed they had California plates on their vehicles. I went over to introduce myself and I said "I see ya'll are from California." They both spoke up and said "yeah but we ain't bringing California politics with us, we are getting away from it".

I breathed a sigh if relief.......lol

Gravey

Supporter
I think you meant you drive 24 from the boro to Nashville. If 65 you’re going a looooong way out of the way. Regardless at my old house I had neighbors move in 2 doors down from California and I thought oh crap. First thing they did was put a backstop up for shooting. Good peeps. Moved to this house almost 2 years ago and a few months later a couple moved in across the road from California. They’re both retired from the Orange County sheriffs department and said they had to get out. There’s another couple down the street from there as well and he’s a retired firefighter. They too said they had to get out of that hellhole. So Ive been lucky that the ones I’ve been around have not tried to bring liberalism with them.

rem270

Supporter
I’ve never met a conservative Californian.
You haven't met many of them then. I'm one that wishes they'd just cut California off the map and make it a floating island but there are several of conservatives that live there. If we could trade them out with the Liberal Tennesseans it would be awesome. 2 of our great friends here in Arkansas are originally from Cali and are conservative as it gets along with their families and friends that still live there.

Chiflyguy

Seeing lots of NY and IL tags out here on the Eastside.

I know of one more IL tag we'll be seeing soon, but it voluntarily submitted to the background check and passed with FLYing colors.
Thanks dude. We’ll have to tip a couple beers and maybe start a bar brawl at the Clinch Mountain pool hall together soon.
A lot of people in my valley are transplants, mostly from Michigan, and all Conservatives.
They’ve all done the same as me. Left or working on leaving the states they were born in out of disappointment.
One thing we all agree on is there is nothing like the freedom or beauty of East Tennessee.
My neighbor across the road and up the mountain is a Democrat. She’s also the neighborhood gossiper.
She tried to stir me up before the election.
I very kindly told her when you step on my land, we don’t talk about Democrats. She stayed away a couple months but were good now and she don’t talk about Biden or Trump.

Chiflyguy

Seeing lots of NY and IL tags out here on the Eastside.

I know of one more IL tag we'll be seeing soon, but it voluntarily submitted to the background check and passed with FLYing colors.
Discovered the spring on 25E north of Thorn Hill by Kincaid Farms Rd.
Drank about a gallon of that good ,free, all natural spring water after filling my water tank up.
That’s my Covid vaccination.👍

CBU93

Supporter
Could be a lot of rental cars as well with the state of the rental car business.

Lots of decent folks moving here from those states. The big city populations and Southern California give the rest of them a bad name. I believe world renowned bow hunter Chuck Adams is from Northern California.

SES

The small town of Blaine, where I work, has seen an influx of people from California moving in to town. Not 2 or 3. Dozens in the last year and a half.

Wiley

Lots of furriners showing up around here, too. Huntsville is slated to become the largest city in Alabama in the next few years and I do mean FEW years. It's a tech hub for everything from high speed internet to highly advanced military R&D and NASA rocket ships and everything in between. FB is building a 1B$ hub there. Google is already in place not far away in Stevenson. Due to all that constantly growing technology, Huntsville never sees a recession that's very noticeable. I hate to see all that growth coming even though I live 50 miles out. THOUSANDS make the 50 mile commute every day and thousands more will be looking to buy homes away from the city. Vacant homes and apartments do not currently exist, at least anywhere anyone would want to hang their hat. New subdivisions are being started as soon as land can be acquired. The rate development is saddening and when I see close in but yet rural land sprouting $400K houses 30 feet apart it's just plain depressing. Yep, there will be loads and loads of outsiders here in short order. God help us.

7mm08

I drive 65 from Boro to Nashville every day for work. Floored by how many California plates I see and it’s only increasing. I can understand the Illinois and Indiana plates as they are probably just passing through but no logical reason for California plates to be here other than to screw everything up. Had a guy at work tell me it’s the conservatives fleeing California. I’ve never met a conservative Californian.
Go to Northern CA. REDDING , CHICO
More conservatives than you can count! Big trucks EVERYWHERE

THEY HATE the CA government . I worked there off and on since retirement. Most want to leave. Lots of FEMALE nurses big game hunt including bear and elk.

Google “ state of Jefferson “.

Chiflyguy

I think people should be judged by their character and not by some stupid plate on their car.
The nice thing about America is the freedom to live where we want.
Just because you were born in a state doesn’t mean you own it.
Don’t we have enough domestic adversaries without adding more because we don’t like where they’re from?

jag1

I think people should be judged by their character and not by some stupid plate on their car.
The nice thing about America is the freedom to live where we want.
Just because you were born in a state doesn’t mean you own it.
Don’t we have enough domestic adversaries without adding more because we don’t like where they’re from?
^^^^^^This^^^^^^
I would say this applies not only to their plate but where they were born, etc. American citizens period are American citizens. As President Trump once said, "There are good people on both sides". Before you flame, Im not talking about the nut job liberals who want to destroy our country.

ImThere

By the way I rented a truck for next week out of town work and guess what? CA plates!! Lol I bet I get cussed on the road this week!!!

Latest posts