Bye Y'all

rsimms

Attachments

• roadtrip1.jpg
    roadtrip1.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 676

rsimms

Here's a collection of photos from my recent excursion to South Dakota. Want to read the details or see more pictures and video? Check it out here: https://newschannel9.com/sports/outdoor ... uth-dakota

This was my eighth duck hunting trip to South Dakota since 2010. Perhaps it is because it is fresh on my mind and the adrenaline is still pumping a little, but I think perhaps it might have been one of the best.

Attachments

• SD_solo1.jpg
    SD_solo1.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 421
  • SD_solo9.jpg
    SD_solo9.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 422
  • SD_solo9e.jpg
    SD_solo9e.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 421

rsimms

tickweed":35g71fr2 said:
Nice. did it seem to be about normal number of birds?

It's really hard to define "normal." Some areas I would drive miles and miles past lots of potholes without any ducks on them. Then in another area EVERY pothole would be loaded.

Also difficult to define due to the fact I've never been in South Dakota that early before so I don't really have a "baseline" for what is normal that time of year.

All that said, the game warden I spoke with said the nest counts made in that part of the state were way up due to lots of rainfall early in the year. But that can vary widely across the state.

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
Brings back memories of when I used to go to North Dakota in late 90's. We were fools though, we rarely chased the ducks but were fascinated by the stupid snow geese. Chased them for years and only had a few good hunts. When we did hunt ducks it was always a blast!

Westnvol89

Great read. I've been up there the last 3 years. It's an amazing place with awesome public hunting access. Headed up there Saturday for the rooster opener

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk