Buzzards must be hungry

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
I was quite skeptical about being able to shoot them, but yes. It checks out. Turkey vultures still protected, though.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
I would probably avoid shooting them on TVA land, for what it's worth. That's an area with explicit Federal jurisdiction. More likely to bump into a TVA or some other Federal law enforcement officer.

catman529

They landed at top of some tall red oaks on the 2nd knoll of the Ridge line saddle I was hunting. They did look slightly smaller than turkey cultures. I didn't even know there was more than one type.
I probably see 50 black vultures for every 1 turkey vulture.

catman529

I would probably avoid shooting them on TVA land, for what it's worth. That's an area with explicit Federal jurisdiction. More likely to bump into a TVA or some other Federal law enforcement officer.
People get away with riding dirt bikes and 4wheelers on TVA land all the time. Doubt it would be any different for a buzzard, especially considering the stat GWs can actually write the ATV riders a ticket.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
People get away with riding dirt bikes and 4wheelers on TVA land all the time. Doubt it would be any different for a buzzard, especially considering the stat GWs can actually write the ATV riders a ticket.

Right, but around here I sometimes actually see Federal police driving on roads from which I access huntable lands. Maybe they never get out of their cars. But I hate to give them a reason to. Maybe it's proximity to the nuclear plants.

catman529

Right, but around here I sometimes actually see Federal police driving on roads from which I access huntable lands. Maybe they never get out of their cars. But I hate to give them a reason to. Maybe it's proximity to the nuclear plants.
Definitely the power plants. They patrol that stuff

Chief44

This is another reason I hate them. This pic was taken at the wells creek boat ramp at TVA in Cumberland City. Try to run them off and they just hop to the other end of the parking lot. Not good on a paint job.

Attachments

• D2A4D9FA-E905-4892-8781-FECA2E477FB3.jpeg
    D2A4D9FA-E905-4892-8781-FECA2E477FB3.jpeg
    127.3 KB · Views: 38

Duck dogn

This is another reason I hate them. This pic was taken at the wells creek boat ramp at TVA in Cumberland City. Try to run them off and they just hop to the other end of the parking lot. Not good on a paint job.
At joe wheeler dam I seen them on a guy's truck so I ran them off when the guy got to his truck they had eaten both wipers and all the rubber molding around the window. Called Alabama wardens they literally told me I'd get off easier shooting a human.

Latest posts