Buying hunting land

fairchaser

There's 5000+ acres of prime hardwoods, pine and cutover land for sale by Ames Plantation. It was priced prior to most of the recent run up of land prices. A portion of the land has a fork of the Wolf River running through it. It's been for sale about a year. The problem is that it's in the drop zone for CWD. No longer will the premium money for giant bucks exist here. Those outside the zone need to consider that in what they are paying per acre. You pay for timber value and dirt. Deer and turkey are just by products.

AT Hiker

There's 5000+ acres of prime hardwoods, pine and cutover land for sale by Ames Plantation. It was priced prior to most of the recent run up of land prices. A portion of the land has a fork of the Wolf River running through it. It's been for sale about a year. The problem is that it's in the drop zone for CWD. No longer will the premium money for giant bucks exist here. Those outside the zone need to consider that in what they are paying per acre. You pay for timber value and dirt. Deer and turkey are just by products.
I truly cannot believe a volatile resource (my words) like wild game drives the value of land up in our area of the country.
The psychology of money will never be understood.

Bone Collector

The value of land will continue to increase unless there is some sort of massive economic collapse.
This is the only way I see it happening. Maybe not massive, but a bad crash like say 2008. Once it crashes it will take a couple of years for people to be in financial trouble and have to sell cheap to get out. Once that happens prices will drop, but then if the economy goes back up, people will start this process we are in now all over again.

BSK

This is the only way I see it happening. Maybe not massive, but a bad crash like say 2008. Once it crashes it will take a couple of years for people to be in financial trouble and have to sell cheap to get out. Once that happens prices will drop, but then if the economy goes back up, people will start this process we are in now all over again.
Agreed.

Latest posts