Bushnell SUCKS!

Spurhunter

Spurhunter

Supporter
I have 6 Bushnell trail cams. One of them was a pretty expensive 12mp HD Essential. It was manufactured in April 2016. It made it through the 2016 deer season no problem. It died in Oct 17. I sent it in for repair and received a letter today. It said the camera is out of warranty and non repairable. But out of the kindness of their hearts they will sell me a replacement for a discounted price of $100.90. I can buy one online for $85.40. Bushnell will never get another dime of my money. To be honest, my Covert Black Flash is a heck of a lot better camera anyway. If you are considering a Bushnell camera proceed with caution.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Spurhunter

Spurhunter

Supporter
spoon":2aigbw1h said:
Never purchased any Bushnell products, run Moultrie M-888 and M-40.
I've got one old white flash Moultrie. It seems ok but I don't like white flash cameras.

cbhunter

cbhunter

Supporter
I understand your frustrations. With that being said, they all have good and bad products. Seems to vary greatly each year with diff models. I have been running a bushnell trophy cam for nearly 10 years now. It’s still going strong (knock on wood).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spurhunter

Spurhunter

Supporter
cbhunter":1pt5pusb said:
I understand your frustrations. With that being said, they all have good and bad products. Seems to vary greatly each year with diff models. I have been running a bushnell trophy cam for nearly 10 years now. It’s still going strong (knock on wood).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My frustration isn't with the product. My other 5 Bushnells have been reliable. My frustration is this camera only made one deer season and they won't do anything to make it right. I will say my Covert Black Flash only cost $110 to my door and it is a better camera. I especially like the menu and user friendliness of the Covert.

P

Powerstroke

I honestly believe you will find a bad one every now and then in any of the brands , I still have a white flash moultrie that is at least 8-9yrs old and is still works like day one and have had others that didn't make it a year . I ran 2 Bushnells a few years ago and neither one lasted but a couple yrs and and completely quit .

T

TennSportsman

I've ran Bushnells for a long time and have had good luck out of them for the most part. The Essential is not a good camera though. Pay a little extra and get the aggressor line. I had a coyote attack one of my aggressors this year and was beat all to ****. Doesn't look new anymore but still functions as it should. There will be lemons in all brands but the essential in my opinion is the base model and not a good camera at all. My brother has one, and the pictures are always blurry. If you can get service, the wireless version is good too. Hopefully they will have a Verizon one come out in early 2018.

rem270

rem270

Supporter
Hate that for ya. I am upset with Moultrie like you are Bushnell. Had a camera go bad and they replaced it with a refurbished one. That's fine with a refurbished but it didn't last a month. Have contacted them and have not heard a thing back from them. Been over 4 months.

T

THEdonkey0515

Hate that for ya!

But

I had a real good experience with there customer service just this year! We sent a old scope back that was probably 15+ years old, had not been on a gun in in a while cause it had a broke crosshair, but did have a lifetime warranty on it when we bought it I didn't have any prove of this besides my word (guess maybe they could look it up)

They sent me a brand new scope no problem easy & fast then on top of that they sent me a 20% off coupon off ANY Bushnell product...

So I ended up getting two brand new scopes for the price of 1 & that 1 was 20% off.

B

BlackBelt

I run a lot of cameras, including Bushnells. What I have learned through experience with Bushnells is to not let the batteries run all the way out of juice and then let the camera sit for a couple of months without removing the old batteries. The few times I did that with Bushnells they were messed up and could not be brought back to life.
The ones (Bushnells) that I removed the dead batteries from and stored the cameras were fine.
But there is something about leaving those dead batteries in there that messes them up for good.
Just my experiences, your mileage may vary.

D

DMD (formerly pastorbmp)

I hate that for you. But, once the warranty runs out, most companies aren't going to do anything for you. Overall, I have had very good experience with Bushnell cameras. They are one of my top choices, along with Covert and Browning.

MUP

MUP

Supporter
I've actually had good experiences with the Bushnell CS, from my Tasco tcams of all. Bushnell took over the Tasco brand tcams and were providing the CS for them. The Tasco Mini 3mp that I had purchased came with a 2 yr factory warranty, and over the life of the warranty period I had 3 out of 10 go bad, within a few months of the warranty deadline. They sent me a new cam each time, and the last 2 were 5mp upgrades even.

Spurhunter

Spurhunter

Supporter
I think everyone is misunderstanding my frustration. I know you can get a lemon in anything, especially electronics. It's the customer service that pisses me off. That camera only made 1 deer season. And all they can do is offer me a replacement at a "discounted" price that's $15 higher than I could buy it for myself? I get that it's out of warranty but you would think a company that size would try to help.