Burris opinions please

backyardtndeer

Also what's your favorite place to bury that eld-x?
I usually try to tuck them in tight behind the shoulder with whatever caliber I am using. The two from this year. Both in the woods, one about 80 yards away the other a little closer. Both heart shots. They both ran about 30 yards. 143 grain eldx over 42 grains imr4350. Last year shot one in my field about 150 yards out, a little higher behind the shoulder. That one dropped in his tracks.
20221119_073623.jpg
20221116_104539_HDR.jpg

Chippy

I use eldx in 308 as well. 178 grain eldx, and think I have killed 5 or 6 with them, they all dropped in their tracks. Punched one of those through the shoulder. I have been impressed with eldx bullets.
I've always shot them in 30-06 but I just wanted a creedmoor because I didn't have enough guns lol! But then I started reading all these horror stories and was like oh man maybe I don't wanna shoot anything with this but people like you are giving me a lot more confidence with it!

clwg97

2-Step Enabled
View attachment 163856
Well this is it! Tikka T3x superlite 6.5 creedmoor Talley lightweight rings Burris Fullfield iv 4-16x50! I'm super pumped to get to shooting this thing!
Good looking rifle. I have a tikka in 308 that has to be the sweetest rifle I own. I also have some burris glass on a few of my rifles and I have zero complaints.

Chippy

Good looking rifle. I have a tikka in 308 that has to be the sweetest rifle I own. I also have some burris glass on a few of my rifles and I have zero complaints.
I haven't shot one yet, this is my first Tikka but man it feels so good on my should and the cheek weld is pretty good!