Bump Fire Stock

Slaughter-06

I just saw a video of a friend shooting his and was asking about it I never heard of one. I thought he had a full auto and thought he was an idiot for posting the video on facebook.

Wildcat

Supporter
They are fun but cost a lot of money in ammo. Ever if you re-load the wear on your barrel and the cost of the ammo adds up fast.

rebs1

I've tried to post a video of me shooting mine twice. It's not working. They are a blast to shoot but you will burn through a ton of ammo, especially when you have a ten yr old!!!

TRIGGER

Thought about putting 22 conversion in mine to make it cheaper to shoot but then realized at least I can find 5.56 rounds even though they are higher now but can't even locate a 22 round anywhere around here and if you do you mite as well be shooting the 5.56

plinker22

Bump fire is so much fun. I do not know what "Bump Fire Stock" is, but I was taught how to bump fire using rigid trigger finger and a perfect learned pressure with your opposite hand thenar.

It is tons of fun. Got visited by Officers while shooting once. They were drawn to the Auto Fire. They loved seeing the technique and actually tried it with my gun.

Hunter 257W

I bought a similar device for an AK years ago. It involved changing out the vertical grip rather than the entire buttstock. Mine has a long lever - much like a lever action rifle that hangs down vertically in front of the replacement grip and it causes the gun to fire when you rock it forward or backward. Once it fires, recoil causes it to fire again. Same principle as the Bump Fire Stock. As the others said, it is fun to fire like full auto and be perfectly legal. Negatives are that accuracy is non-existant and ammo cost is high!

TAFKAP

TRIGGER said:
Thought about putting 22 conversion in mine to make it cheaper to shoot but then realized at least I can find 5.56 rounds even though they are higher now but can't even locate a 22 round anywhere around here and if you do you mite as well be shooting the 5.56

I'm not sure a .22 will generate enough recoil to cycle the bump-fire mechanism anyway.

spoon

This is quote from an ATF friend

"Agents in the field do a function test. If there are any questions we send it to Firearms Technology Branch for determination. Almost all we have ran into have been full on conversions. "

rebs1

They stock will work on the .22. It's harder to make it work than the .223 but it will work as well.

TRIGGER

rebs1 said:
They stock will work on the .22. It's harder to make it work than the .223 but it will work as well.

Yes sir. Doesn't work as "easy" as the 5.56 but with a little practice it works.

Hunter 257W

leader said:
Isn't quick firing and bump fire horrible for the barrels?

Yeah, ripping off 30 rounds as fast as you can is going to shorten barrel life significantly. I sure wouldn't put one of these devices on a Les Baer AR. :grin:

Unicam

Administrator
Hunter 257W said:
leader said:
Isn't quick firing and bump fire horrible for the barrels?

Yeah, ripping off 30 rounds as fast as you can is going to shorten barrel life significantly. I sure wouldn't put one of these devices on a Les Baer AR. :grin:

The barrel will get hot enough to burn skin after 30 rounds, slap in another mag and burn through it, it will melt plastic on a Chevy tailgate moulding.

Latest posts