Bullet Test

Tiny

Got to do a little bullet test today.

Just had to try out the Trial Boss loads and seeing as I had a box of news papers why not try some for expansion..

LOW Noise about like a 22 rinfire HV load just a more "boom" than a "crack" and ZIP recoil. Didn't shoot for group nor chorny them yet. Will get to that later the both look promising for as DA might put it "Special Applications" esp the Cast in the 30/30.

Pics are shelf explantory.. except for the weight which I didn't have when taken.

30/30 Cast 111.2grs,101.5grs,118.2grs,114.3grs,110grs,and 75grs.

Thinking a stiffer/harder casting mix would do better here but still not bad.

bullets009.jpg

The hornady 150gr came in at 136.6grs,145.5grs,an 141.8grs was a bit suprised to see any expansion on these.

bullets007.jpg

Did that say REM. :grin:

Whelen Man

R.I.P.
Looks like you're about to get into a whole new hobby here. This could go on and on. I've thought about getting into the cast bullets. A lot of people like to use the 35 Whelen with cast loads. I guess it's the fact that you can get a bigger slug of lead at a low velocity and still keep energy fairly high. Looks interesting. Now you're going to have to buy hardness testers, lots of bullet molds, etc., etc., etc.. Have fun.

mr.big

my older brother has a 375 H&H and Sharps 45-70 and a few more he casts and shoots,,some of the 45 bullets are LONG and LEAN lookin,,with the tang sight it is scary at range what it will do

Tiny

Whelen Man said:
Looks like you're about to get into a whole new hobby here. This could go on and on. I've thought about getting into the cast bullets. A lot of people like to use the 35 Whelen with cast loads. I guess it's the fact that you can get a bigger slug of lead at a low velocity and still keep energy fairly high. Looks interesting. Now you're going to have to buy hardness testers, lots of bullet molds, etc., etc., etc.. Have fun.

OH how right you are. :D

I was looking over the hardness testers before and since I casted those that is one thing on the "List".Going to slow on the next mold though blame things cost to much to get one just to play with unless it is a LEE. Although I have been looking.

Tiny

mr.big said:
my older brother has a 375 H&H and Sharps 45-70 and a few more he casts and shoots,,some of the 45 bullets are LONG and LEAN lookin,,with the tang sight it is scary at range what it will do
:cool:

Latest posts