Bucks starting to shed antlers?

HerdThinner 2012

Every buck I have seen... About 10 in the last week...( all small ) have had their antlers. Can't tell you about big boys. Apparently, I am not allowed to see any of them. Hunting Henderson and Humphreys counties.

infoman jr.

Very unusual indeed. I just picked this card up today. This is the big buck I've been after all year. Looks like he injured himself. Hopefully he makes it til next year and really blows up.
IMAG1329.jpg

Shed Hunter

Most deer will hold their antlers on into February, but you will see a rare few that drop this early. It is all testosterone driven. When a buck gets worn down from the rut and loses that desire, his antlers will begin to fall off. I've seen them hold their antlers until April.

I wouldn't bother looking for a good while.

lpo1981

I have a deer on camera from last week with one side but only have one picture and can't tell if its broke or dropped.. Seems real early for it to have started.

Swampster

I was in Henderson county driving toward Natchez Trace and saw a real nice buck acting frisky toward a nice doe. They were in a pasture only about 15 feet off the highway, and he still had all his antlers.

Latest posts