Buck #2

PickettSFHunter

No more TN hunting for me but it's been a great season. This morning, I got on stand on the end of a long point and had a buck chasing a doe around me in the dark. I never got to see it well enough to know much. Around 7, I spotted this buck walking a logging road below me. He stopped and freshened up a scrape that I had made below me, which was cool to see. It was a thick area so I had to wait until he got about 50 yards to get a small hole to shoot. I put a 170 Gr Interlock from a 350 legend in his shoulder While he was quartering to me and watched him stumble to the old road about 20 yards below him. I was concerned he was going to make it over the edge of that bench and be terrible to get out so I put another in his neck to anchor him. Unfortunately right after that, I heard gravels popping, two shots fired, and someone loading a deer at the road. Overall, a great season, next up is a public land quota hunt in Alabama in a few weeks.

Attachments

• D3378976-13A2-4217-902A-CD2A7FE885B9.png
    D3378976-13A2-4217-902A-CD2A7FE885B9.png
    382.8 KB · Views: 888

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
No more TN hunting for me but it's been a great season. This morning, I got on stand on the end of a long point and had a buck chasing a doe around me in the dark. I never got to see it well enough to know much. Around 7, I spotted this buck walking a logging road below me. He stopped and freshened up a scrape that I had made below me, which was cool to see. It was a thick area so I had to wait until he got about 50 yards to get a small hole to shoot. I put a 170 Gr Interlock from a 350 legend in his shoulder While he was quartering to me and watched him stumble to the old road about 20 yards below him. I was concerned he was going to make it over the edge of that bench and be terrible to get out so I put another in his neck to anchor him. Unfortunately right after that, I heard gravels popping, two shots fired, and someone loading a deer at the road. Overall, a great season, next up is a public land quota hunt in Alabama in a few weeks.
Huge body!

Latest posts