Browning x-bolt opinion..

Tenntrapper

I dont have much experience with Browning rifles, and what little I do have was with an original A- bolt. Ive found what I think is a good deal on an X bolt hunter 308. Its the wood stock version. Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about them? Opinions appreciated, thanks.

DaveB

Every X-bolt I have picked up had the smoothest action, the most secure lockup, pointed and shouldered perfect.

I really like them. I have 3 A-bolts and none are even in the same game as the X-Bolt.

I understand RUGER would eat breakfast with two spiders for an X.

Tenntrapper

Every X-bolt I have picked up had the smoothest action, the most secure lockup, pointed and shouldered perfect.

I really like them. I have 3 A-bolts and none are even in the same game as the X-Bolt.

I understand RUGER would eat breakfast with two spiders for an X.
Thanks dave. What would be considered a good price on a brand new (its at a dealer) wood stocked hunter?

TNRifleman

If it's under $700 its a decent deal. If you google "Browning X bolt 308 Gun deals" it will show you in the Gun Deals webpage what it has sold for. Looks like no stock anywhere right now but Apache Armory sold the Hunter in 308 brand new for $751 not long ago.

Midnight rider

I have the X bolt long range in 300 win mag and I love it. The action is so smooth, it is light and the muzzle brake really is a game changer on you shoulder. I am not a long range shooter normally but since I am beginning to go out west and wanted to be able to reach out a little bit. I have been able to constantly hit an 8" steel target at 600yds even though I am putting a 400yd limit on a animal shot.

Tenntrapper

If it's under $700 its a decent deal. If you google "Browning X bolt 308 Gun deals" it will show you in the Gun Deals webpage what it has sold for. Looks like no stock anywhere right now but Apache Armory sold the Hunter in 308 brand new for $751 not long ago.
Thanks, I will check those. I can get this one, with tax and tics..out the door for 800. Wasn't sure if good or not. Thanks again.

DaveTN

I can get this one, with tax and tics..out the door for 800. Wasn't sure if good or not. Thanks again.
In My opinion that's an excellent deal. The 035208218 Hunter in 308 has a MSRP of $1K. GAG has then at $777, but doesn't have any. Sportsman Warehouse has them at $859.99, but doesn't have any. That's close to $950 out the door.

Tenntrapper

Ok, update...
I must admit, i never handled the rifle..just seen it..and the price.
Wife gave me the go ahead to get a better look and if what i wanted...to get it. Upon closer inspection...its left handed. I came home without it.

Willysman

I once owned an X bolt in .280 caliber. It was a tack driver. Great firearm. For some strange reason yet to be answered I sold it. Regretted ever since.

Latest posts