• Help Support TNDeer:

Browning Maxus Semi-Auto Feedback???

TAFKAP

I’ve been married to the same Remington 870 since I bought it used from my best friend in 1997. There’s no counting how many rounds have burned through the barrel, how many birds have fallen to it’s aim, and how many clay targets it’s busted. Safe to say, the entirety of my shotgunning is tied to one gun.

For no reason whatsoever, I started window shopping for a new shotgun. Probably not going to buy one anytime soon at all, but I’m looking for the eventual replacement option. So I fondled every auto-loader at the Bass Pro counter recently, and the best fitting, best feeling gun was the Browning Maxus. Compared to the A400, all the Benelli’s, etc. the Maxus felt like my next gun.

Just seeking some input from folks on the Maxus. Reliable gun?

Hardwoodmaterials

I have no idea on the Maxus but most of the better brand semi-autos work fine if you keep them clean. Did you handle a Remington V3? They work on a different system than most gas guns, the recoil on them is the softest of any semi auto I have owned and the cycling system is supposed to be self cleaning. I currently have the V3 and shot the Versamax (same system only 3.5 inch) with no issues at all with either one. If you don't like recoil stay away from the inertia driven guns. The Benelli guys will tell you that your not cool without the inertia system but there is no reason to be beat to death by your shotgun when there are better alternatives. If someone tells you there isn't a difference pick up an inertia gun (Benelli, Stoeger) and shoot it then pick up a regular gas gun or a V3 and fire the same type shell. There is a noticeable difference with light loads and a vast difference with 3 inch heavy loads!

Primary

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner,Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

TAFKAP

I'm shying away from Remington these days in light of the bankruptcy, sale, merger, etc. I've got no comparison for recoil though, since literally, I've pulled the trigger on less than 2 other shotguns in nearly 24 years.

ttf909

Supporter
Always been terrible with shotgun till I got a beretta a300 . It's the cheaper version but shoots great for me . Recently won a benelli m2 20ga and it feels awesome.

Hardwoodmaterials

I'm shying away from Remington these days in light of the bankruptcy, sale, merger, etc. I've got no comparison for recoil though, since literally, I've pulled the trigger on less than 2 other shotguns in nearly 24 years.
I completely forgot about the current Remington business issues. Have they stopped making Remington firearms? I could have swore I heard some guys talking about it a little while back.

Remington700

I completely forgot about the current Remington business issues. Have they stopped making Remington firearms? I could have swore I heard some guys talking about it a little while back.
Right now they are not making Remingtons and nobody knows if they ever will. It was purchased and they are supposed to be working with the union. There is no time frame or plan of what models they will make. I hope they bring Remington back up to the quality of old.

Remington700

All have mentioned great shotguns by the main manufacturers. I shoot a Benelli Super Black Eagle. Although I purchased a Franchi Affinity 3 in 20 gauge for turkey hunting this upcoming year. Before moving to these higher end shotguns I shot a Remington 11-87 for years then swapped to a Browning Gold Hunter. The inertia guns has advantages, but I enjoy the low recoil of the gas guns.

Coker

I have had a Browning Maxus for roughly 7 years and love it. It is a smooth swinging, light kicking, drag through the mud toughness gun. Mine is a 2011 model and have had zero issues with it that were manufacture issues. I would highly recommend it.

Latest posts