Browning Defender Wireless Pro Scout

AM84

I just ordered 2 of these and I'm looking forward to getting them. I have 4 SpyPoint Micro's that I've not been extremely impressed with. After 2 weeks, I have 1 not taking pictures any longer, 1 transmitting only 1-2 times every 1-2 days and 2 that seem to work okay.

Hopefully the Browning will prove better than the SpyPoint's that I have.

Anyone else here using these cams?

TheLBLman

Those little Browning cell cams are my current "go-to" cam. IMO, they are the current best overall value out there in a cell cam. They only use 8 AA batteries and their battery life has been phenomenal, as has been their reliability.

AM84

Battery life was another reason I was not impressed with the Spypoint and something that looks impressive on the Browning.

I caught a good deal on them today at Midway USA on the Verizon model.

Boll Weevil

I have a Browning. No dissatisfaction thus far but it doesn't catch everything. Pay attention to how you set it in relation to the sun.

BSK

I have 4 SpyPoint Micro's that I've not been extremely impressed with. After 2 weeks, I have 1 not taking pictures any longer, 1 transmitting only 1-2 times every 1-2 days and 2 that seem to work okay.
My brother-in-law bought four of those Spypoint cell cams. No major malfunctions last year (their first year out), but I'm not very impressed with them. Low-quality pictures, even on the HD setting.

AM84

My brother-in-law bought four of those Spypoint cell cams. No major malfunctions last year (their first year out), but I'm not very impressed with them. Low-quality pictures, even on the HD setting.
My pictures are okay (for a cell transfer, not looked at the SD card yet) sometimes. But I just wish I could get some sort of regularity in what I receive from the camera itself. They are set to transmit each 2 hours and unfortunately don't.

this evening a new problem came up. I got a notification saying I had 9 photos and when I looked in the app somehow I only had 2. One of the pictures on the top of the "stack" in the notification was clearly a deer in the center of the picture and that one was not in the app.

frustrsting and not a camera I would recommend. I will keep them for the 100 free transfers of whatever they decide to send but not paying any subscription or using them as a "main" camera.

AM84

Got my Brownings in, put some batteries and a fresh SD card in and put them outside the house. Wow. These are much better photos and in testing cars go by while I was out it didn't miss one or miss sending me the photos to my cell.

hopefully they will work that good in the field.

what I've been most impressed with in the 3 days I've tested around the house is how good the video and audio is on these things!

Antler Daddy

Battery life was another reason I was not impressed with the Spypoint and something that looks impressive on the Browning.

I caught a good deal on them today at Midway USA on the Verizon model.
I'm curious about the deal you received. Sometimes they will repeat.

BTW, Midway is showing the new Browning Ridgeline in stock and ready to ship now.

AM84

I received this bobcat today and I can't believe the quality of the video. I am disappointed the camera didn't trigger sooner but the trail has grown up so much this summer I guess it was able to sneak through.

Anyways, the video quality from these cameras continues to impress!

Attachments

• IMG_2964.MP4
    2.1 MB

paradis1142

I received this bobcat today and I can't believe the quality of the video. I am disappointed the camera didn't trigger sooner but the trail has grown up so much this summer I guess it was able to sneak through.

Awesome vid

TheLBLman

Yes, and Browning has been providing these cell cam video uploads for a couple years, while other makes still don't have video as an option.

Although video is impressive, uploading in video mode really eats your battery life.
When I might otherwise want to use video mode, I find myself just setting the cam to take extremely quick pictures (such as 7) with very short intervals between triggered events (like 1 or 5 seconds).

BSK

May eat batteries but videos are super cool to see when your phone rings. Seems like yesterday I was waiting on the one hour photo to have my pics.
I remember standing outside WalMart, waiting on my pictures to be developed!

And videos are not on cool to look at, I've learned far more from trail-camera videos than I ever expected.

paradis1142

I remember standing outside WalMart, waiting on my pictures to be developed!

And videos are not on cool to look at, I've learned far more from trail-camera videos than I ever expected.
Its incredible how much you can learn from a 30 sec video vs a photo.