Browning Citori value?

TN Song Dog

What is best way to value a older browning citori? Its a 12ga. Based on internet research of serial #:
Pre type 1
Long Tang
Field/Sporter 2 hole forearm bracket
Fixed Chokes: Mod & IC

Anyone have a current blue book that lists values by grade/condition?

Not for sale - has family sentimental value. Trying to decide to set back or to shoot and enjoy it. Really wanting to use it...

DaveTN

You could probably buy one of those books; but they aren't legit on values. Especially now. I go by what has actually sold on Gun Broker, not what's being asked. The other determination is if its just a shooter or a collectable. Shooters aren't hard to price; collectables are impossible without knowing every mark on the gun and everything that's been done to it.

Having said that, the pricing is all over the place and GB lists 9 variants of a Citori. You can look and the pictures of what has actually sold and get an idea of the value of yours.

If you aren't selling it there's no point in not shooting it; have fun with it. For insurance purposes check with your agent to see if you need an appraisal.

Prices are crazy right now. If you were considering selling it; now would be the time. Prices will fall back to normal again.

Post good pics and info (all markings) at https://www.shotgunworld.com and they will probably help you out....or let you know if you have something "special".

bobbuck

Good info above. I would enjoy it by using it, if you are not going to sell. The chokes make it a perfect hunting shotgun in my opinion.

Team Browning

Having owned a few including the one my wife got me for our 25th anniversary, you're in the $800+ ballpark in this part of the world. More if it were removable chokes. Hard to price another man's horse or shotgun ;-). Least I've ever paid was $600. Most is about $1400.

Latest posts