Broken spypoints

tree_ghost

Let me start by saying this isn't a bashing thread. I have 10 SPYPOINT cell-link cameras that I deploy. Over the past year I have had 3 with the same issue. SPYPOINT immediately replaced them so no issues with their customer service. The problem I have is when I powered these units on is that the status button flashed Orange extremely fast and then the unit powered down. After that the power button was useless to power the cameras back on. Does anyone know how to repair them? If nothing else maybe I. An use them for parts…

Knight250

2-Step Enabled
I'm having troubles with updating software on a few of my older ones, once I download the update and apply it to SD card, and follow the rest of the steps. The camera doesn't take the update. Not to high jack your thread, was just curious in this also. Thanks

120+

Let me start by saying this isn't a bashing thread. I have 10 SPYPOINT cell-link cameras that I deploy. Over the past year I have had 3 with the same issue. SPYPOINT immediately replaced them so no issues with their customer service. The problem I have is when I powered these units on is that the status button flashed Orange extremely fast and then the unit powered down. After that the power button was useless to power the cameras back on. Does anyone know how to repair them? If nothing else maybe I. An use them for parts…
I haven't seen that at all and I have a dozen out.
So is that the same problem with the ones you sent back?

tree_ghost

I've had two main issues with them. Either they go into "run away" mode where they just start snapping pictures uncontrollably or they will flash orange as soon as you power them on and then they shut down and will not power back on. It's really weird it's like it has a self destruct mode on it or something lol.

I can't imagine there business model could sustain sending out a replacement camera for everyone they sell off a shelf…

Antler Daddy

I picked up one from a guy that said it would not work. I spotlessly cleaned all the leaked battery acid out of it and popped some lithium's in it. Downloaded hardware update to card and inserted. Formatted a new card and put it in the kitchen. It took two times to finally connect, but it has already uploaded the free 100 pics and takes another every 3 minute delay. I leave the door open so I can see light working.

Pic quality with movement is not good, but it does not miss a pic.

Hookem

My experience… one year throw away cameras. Update and don't work correctly, time and more time trying to get them to work. Switched to Browning going to try them to see if they are better.

tree_ghost

My experience… one year throw away cameras. Update and don't work correctly, time and more time trying to get them to work. Switched to Browning going to try them to see if they are better.
I'm outta control here…I bought 6 reveal x's and three browning ridglines in the last couple weeks. I'll find a winner eventually

BSK

There is no comparison between Spypoint and Browning. My brother-in-law bought four Spypoint cell cams last year. They were OK, but not great. Most not working this year. Not a problem out of the Brownings yet.

tree_ghost

This is getting ridiculous I am on the 6th replacement camera from SPYPOINT and still don't have a working unit. I'm not sure if they are sending out refurbished junk or what but at this point I am giving their management team one more chance to rectify it or I'm completely leaving their service behind. My Brownings will be in tomorow…

Grainger

This is getting ridiculous I am on the 6th replacement camera from SPYPOINT and still don't have a working unit. I'm not sure if they are sending out refurbished junk or what but at this point I am giving their management team one more chance to rectify it or I'm completely leaving their service behind. My Brownings will be in tomorow…
Be watching to see how you like them, let us know—the Browning's, that is

Grainger

Do the Browning's "link up" like some of the other cell-cam systems?

AM84

Do the Browning's "link up" like some of the other cell-cam systems?
Do you mean all the cameras send photos to one base station? If so, no they do not.

they have a plan and depending on which one you select to pay for you get X amount of cams for that plan. Each camera after the first one adds $5 to the overall cost of the plan.

I am running 4 Spypoints and 3 Brownings currently all cellular and the Browning beats the spypoint in every way except for 1…the spypoint will get service on the same tree a browning will not.

That being said, I wouldn't buy another spypoint and will buy more Brownings.

AM84

I have the strike force wireless pro scout currently.

Im looking to add a couple of the new Ridgelines to the mix soon.

Last edited:

Jcalder

Do you mean all the cameras send photos to one base station? If so, no they do not.

they have a plan and depending on which one you select to pay for you get X amount of cams for that plan. Each camera after the first one adds $5 to the overall cost of the plan.

I am running 4 Spypoints and 3 Brownings currently all cellular and the Browning beats the spypoint in every way except for 1…the spypoint will get service on the same tree a browning will not.

That being said, I wouldn't buy another spypoint and will buy more Brownings.
What does the browning plan cost, and which plan do you use. I currently use the 1000 pictures spypoint offers and pay for the year.

AM84

I think it's $29 (maybe $34) for 6000 pictures, 300 HD pictures and 100 video uploads. Then I have $10 extra for the 2 extra cams.