Broad daylight

TraumaSlave

My son was missing his rooster. Started looking @ security cam footage and found 2 damd yotes stalk and snatch. This was about 1630. The other day, I saw one cross our field @ 1730. About 2015, I stepped out for a cigar. He followed me out and says "there he is". Ran and grabbed his rifle. No good, gone. As we walked out the field, we saw something come out.ymy quick off hand @ 75ydrs bagged a fox. Wish it was one of the damd yotes.

backyardtndeer

Yep, they are very bold these days. They were snatching my oldest daughters chickens in our yard during daylight after the chickens came out of the shed. Had one on the driveway one morning at about 8:30 am. Stupid chickens didn't even try to run away. I saved the chickens that morning though.

TITANSFAN2104

2-Step Enabled
I replied to the first post where the OP said he bagged a fox with an off hand 75 yd shot.

No waiver unless you have damage. His post said a camera documented coyotes killing his rooster, not the fox.
Depends on what county... we can kill them year round in Wilson!
When it comes to my birds I will kill either/or regardless of which one I catch

GUNNERX2

I don't know how many there were as I couldn't lay eyes on them but yesterday morning around 10:00 there was a pack of yotes that tuned up behind the house at the edge of the woods and an ag field. I've never heard them like that in daylight. I've got a couple of hens and 8 poults hanging around the house and I suppose they were after them. All birds were accounted for when they flew up to roost last evening.

Swampster

My two hounds were after something yesterday. Then I heard something barking that almost sounded like a terrier? Twenty minutes later I am on the tractor and see a coyote just standing in the driveway, looking at me. (S)He didn't run as soon as he saw me either but stood there for four or five seconds. It was long enough that I stopped my tractor, fished out my phone, and took an impossible long picture or three. Distance before it ran was about 250 yards. That is how smart these things are! While I didn't have my rifle with me, my reliability starts dropping at 250 yards. That dog has been watching me shoot.

Hymie3

I've lost two younger hens this year. First one left no sign of attack. Just vanished. Had one the other day get taken in broad daylight. My yard in the back is surrounded by a small patch of woods then goes to a field. After a good half hour of searching for evidence I finally found a sparse feather trail leading out through the woods to the field then there was absolutely zero sign of struggle. I keep thinking hawk but this latest make me think fox or yote. I've set up cell cam but it's so random who knows.

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
I used to lose a lot of chickens and ducks to predators. Then I got a Great Pyrenees that lives with them and that pretty much solved my problem.
I have used GP for many years but they are best when raised with the livestock they are to protect. They should come with a label tho!! Warning do not allow children or wives to pet, feed, cuddle or otherwise raise a GP pup! I have one that is the dumbest, most spoiled no good waste of oxygen I have ever seen and my daughter and wife ( the responsible duo) will not let me get rid of the mutt! At the first sign of trouble the dog runs to her house and pretends to know nothing!

T.J.

I have used GP for many years but they are best when raised with the livestock they are to protect. They should come with a label tho!! Warning do not allow children or wives to pet, feed, cuddle or otherwise raise a GP pup! I have one that is the dumbest, most spoiled no good waste of oxygen I have ever seen and my daughter and wife ( the responsible duo) will not let me get rid of the mutt! At the first sign of trouble the dog runs to her house and pretends to know nothing!
hahaha. Yea. Mine have never been inside. The breeder I get mine from raises them from birth around a variety of livestock. As with any dog, proper training is key. GP's are certainly not for everybody though. Very independent dogs when raised right. They require very good fencing because they like to roam. They could care less where your property line is so the need a boundary they cant cross. And they bark. A LOT! At everything from deer and foxes to a stray leaf that dares enter its domain. But, for my situation they work very well and solved my predator problem.

Latest posts