Bright spots..............

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Guess I focus on the negative nancy's too much.

I killed my first duck of the year this weekend.
I also helped work a few ducks and actually saw some positive reactions to my calling.

Best of all I spent 2 mornings hunting / hanging with my son.
Pretty awesome weekend actually. :)

Noticed something as well.
Had a couple ducks fly by so I hit them with a few quacks and what was SUPPOSED to be a feed chuckle, but not sure what I did. :rotf:
They turned and did a circle and when they came back the azzhat in the other blind highballed 'em pretty good and they skint outta there pretty quick.
From what I gather on a gloomy cloudy day they don't like to be yelled out, they like to be whispered to. :)

Oh and yes, a chunk of doughnut will screw a duck call UP. :rotf: :rotf:

casjoker

I loved powdered doughnuts but they have been the death of one grunt call and two duck calls. The yelled at verse whispered is still unclear to me. Hunted with a guy a couple weekends ago who hammered the call like it was the last one on earth. Ducks came flooding in. I tried the same thing the next day, same general area and the ducks acted like I was shooting at them with a howitzer.

I too sometimes focus to much on the "lack of success" and miss celebrating just being out there.

Cache

2-Step Enabled
Sounds like a good weekend! Looking at the forecast next Tuesday should be gooood. Lows around 20 Monday night with snow/ice. Could be one of those days you don't want to miss!

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Cache":h5m04s4p said:
Sounds like a good weekend! Looking at the forecast next Tuesday should be gooood. Lows around 20 Monday night with snow/ice. Could be one of those days you don't want to miss!

I'm off next week :dance:

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
We knocked down 3 wood ducks Sat morning, had a bunch skirt us just outta range, and had a blast. Saw a rainbow sun dog in the clouds, and got home early enough to go deer hunting in the evening.