Breaking Down Muzzleloader for the Year Tomorrow

UTGrad

I won't be able to make it back out till next weekend and I will be centerfire for the rest of the season.

It's a bittersweet chore to clean the muzzleloader one last time for the year. Another muzzleloader season is in the books : )

TheAirMan

I am like 99.9% sure I won't be able to go back this year. I am debating on cleaning or waiting just in case. I am ordering a regular stock Monday from CVA if I don't forget so I may wait until it arrives and clean & change it all at the same time.

mike243

Think i will hunt with mine til it kills something or season ends lol.hope to hunt a few days this week if im lucky. With the smokeless I dont feel under gunned

Wobblyshot1

I shoot my muzzle loader off and on year round.

What's bittersweet is that I'm in the process of getting a new gun to replace the one that I've had so much success with for years. The new one is kinda a soon to be retirement present to myself. I won't be using the old one for deer hunting anymore but I'll still have a lot of good memories.

UTGrad

Wobblyshot1 said:

What's bittersweet is that I'm in the process of getting a new gun to replace the one that I've had so much success with for years. The new one is kinda a soon to be retirement present to myself. I won't be using the old one for deer hunting anymore but I'll still have a lot of good memories.

What's wrong with the old one?

Wobblyshot1

Not a thing and it still gets the job done. I've been shooting and deer hunting with it since the 80s. Just got the itch for a new one and decided to do something about it.

LanceS4803

Wobblyshot1 said:
Same here. I'll still take it out during rifle season.
Heck, I'm still using a bow in bow-only areas through all seasons.

eweisner

To much of the property that I hunt is near homes, and thick to boot. It's either the bow for close work or the .50 Cal CVA.

Latest posts