Bowhunting over soybeans

Bushape

Expecting farmers to plant beans on our lease this year and I was wondering if I can expect beans in Sept. to still be drawing deer in? I know at a certain point they start turning bitter.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
When beans are planted on the property I hunt, the deer will wear it out until the leaves turn yellow. Then they pretty much leave it alone until the bean pods are dried and ready for harvest, or already harvested and they're picking up beans off the ground.

Mike Belt

Deer will hit the beans when they first sprout and through the growing cycle. After maturity a lot depends on other available food sources both agriculturally and natural. When they're feeding on them during early archery don't be surprised to see them standing there feeding and then just drop out of sight while bedding right there. Also once the beans have been picked (dependent on how late in the year) many will sprout laying on the ground and the deer will feed on them.

VAarrowslinger

Generally thru 1st of october they will hit beans pretty hard. When the bachelor groups split up is around the same time early been feeding slows
down

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Bucks & Beards

TNGunsmoke":3exhvfu6 said:
When beans are planted on the property I hunt, the deer will wear it out until the leaves turn yellow. Then they pretty much leave it alone until the bean pods are dried and ready for harvest, or already harvested and they're picking up beans off the ground.
This is my observation too in SW Tenn.