bought a boat trailer

catman529

finally found that perfect deal on craigslist and got the trailer from a guy in Lebanon for $150. It's a Tennessee trailer, white paint with some surface rust, new bearings, good winch and jack, spare tire, working lights (they don't work on my truck though - need to re-do grounding wire) It looks to be a good fit for my 14 ft jon boat. Now I can put that 5 horse on there and hit the water. Just have to finish repairing some small leaks in my boat with some 3M sealant, let it cure and then the boat should be ready to be on the water again.

man if any of you have looked on craigslist for a specific item at a specific budget... maybe you know what it's like. I went for a few weeks checking several times a day for my jon boat, and the same thing now for the trailer. But it has paid off as I have gotten good deals on used stuff that gets me on the water.

Dbllunger

Cool. It pays to be patient. I spent a long time looking on Craigslist for my fishing boat, motor and trailer. Good deals can be found, just have to wait for them. Get out there and start catching them now

catman529

Dbllunger said:
Cool. It pays to be patient. I spent a long time looking on Craigslist for my fishing boat, motor and trailer. Good deals can be found, just have to wait for them. Get out there and start catching them now
Oh yes I will be out there soon as repairs on hull are done. Can't decide between running around the Duck river for whatever, or targeting rockfish in the Cumberland......

js154

now that you can use your gas motor you may want to think about using the boat to float the duck to hunt around yanhali. great way to get to places no one else will be or at least fewer people. just be sure not to use your gas powered motor while hunting.

catman529

js154 said:
now that you can use your gas motor you may want to think about using the boat to float the duck to hunt around yanhali. great way to get to places no one else will be or at least fewer people. just be sure not to use your gas powered motor while hunting.
yes this is what I intend to do.... will need to get a cable lock for my boat though

Latest posts