Bottom of the 9th

bowhunterfanatic

Worst / most frustrating season of my life concluded this morning. First couple of weeks consisted of every gobbler I could find having a million hens. The middle couple weeks I just couldn't find many birds at all. One of my main areas was basically devoid of turkeys all year long which has never happened in the last 15 years. These last couple weeks consisted of a couple misses combined with a few close calls that just didn't come together. Wasn't even planning on going this morning but a buddy called me last night saying he actually heard two gobble really well yesterday morning and told me where they were. I started in that general area this morning, and while the birds had moved a long way I did hear them. Those two led me to a whole lot more, and I finally sealed the deal on this field bird a couple hours later. I heard / saw more this morning than I have on any single hunt the entire year which is insane for my part of West TN. Just shows you that sometimes you never know and you can't kill them from the couch or bed.

Attachments

• 6D9CFE83-7A95-4D30-920B-40E16E5E02C4.jpeg
    6D9CFE83-7A95-4D30-920B-40E16E5E02C4.jpeg
    573.3 KB · Views: 115

Latest posts