Bottom metal questions

lungpuncher1

I recently purchased a McMillan hunter edge I'm going to put on my bergara. Making it my dedicated western gun.

Its inletted for m4 bottom metal. Is there any kind of bottom metal i can buy OTHER than badger m4? Does pt&g have anything similar that'll work?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

markwondi

2-Step Enabled
Unfortunately there are no others that will fit the M4 inlet very well. It has a unique inlet that is cut rather deep and wide and McMillan is usually very generous on their bottom metal inlets.

The Williams model will fit the closest.

Neither the PTG tactical or obendorf style will fit well at all.

lungpuncher1

markwondi":1k7dphxr said:
Unfortunately there are no others that will fit the M4 inlet very well. It has a unique inlet that is cut rather deep and wide and McMillan is usually very generous on their bottom metal inlets.

Hmmm not what i was hoping for. I have noticed the bergara bottom metal is larger than Remington bottom metal but i doubt itll fit. I may just bite the bullet and buy m4.

lungpuncher1

markwondi":gvapdjow said:

Anyway this would work?

https://www.stockysstocks.com/remington ... minum.html

markwondi

2-Step Enabled
lungpuncher1":2m974shm said:
markwondi":2m974shm said:

Anyway this would work?

Those are PTG bottom metal. The "tactical" is still a BDL inlet with a thicker trigger guard. The radii at the mag box to trigger guard location will leave quite a big gap in a M4 inlet.

If looks and overal fit/finish are not much of a concern then your gunsmith can bed the bottom metal and it'll work, albeit with some gaps. Otherwise, the Badger bottom metal is where you need to go.

lungpuncher1

markwondi":vi84hw9z said:
lungpuncher1":vi84hw9z said:
markwondi":vi84hw9z said:

Anyway this would work?

Those are PTG bottom metal. The "tactical" is still a BDL inlet with a thicker trigger guard. The radii at the mag box to trigger guard location will leave quite a big gap in a M4 inlet.

If looks and overal fit/finish are not much of a concern then your gunsmith can bed the bottom metal and it'll work, albeit with some gaps. Otherwise, the Badger bottom metal is where you need to go.
That's what I'll do then. Thanks for your help.

Latest posts