Bore Sight

hydro76k

I was wondering if anybody had any experience in bore sight kits? Are they worth the money? I also saw the cartridges ones as well..any help would be greatly appreciated..

Rubberduck270

None of them will get you dead on. As Chaneylake said, they'll get you on paper then it's up to you to get it completely dialed in.

KPH

Chaneylake said:
most any of them will get you on paper at 25 yards, if its a bolt action I just remove the bolt and bore sight at night while looking at a street light in the far distance
I agree This will get you close but then finish at a range.

BigD_625

I change out scopes alot myself. I have one I got with a gift card. I've definitely got my money's worth.

Mine are almost always hitting the same when I shoot them the first time...low and to the left. I could just about raise them 30 clicks higher and 20 to the right and have it on at 50yds every time...but, I wouldn't chance it anyway.

Wildcat

One of the best things I ever bought was Cabela's Univeral Bore Sighter, it has saved me a ton of ammo in sighting in. With a fresh battery and in low light it will get me on papper at 50 yards in every rifle I have. I either do it early in the morning out back before going to the range or the evening before.

Another thing I did was after I got my rifle sighted in I would put the bore sight back in and at 25 yards and check where it is on target then write that down. I can then check any rifle out back before packing it for a hunt the next day. If any of them are off from what I wrote down then I take a different gun until I can re-sight that rifle in.

That one DOES work!!

FULLDRAWXX75

I have a Bushnell Banner Bore sighter, it came with 3 arbors to do .22 - .45 cal, I bought the additional .50 cal arbor to do my muzzleloaders.

I have owned it over 25 yrs and use it ALOT!!!!! It will put me on paper at 50yds all day long. Then I do the finish work at the bench, when I am done I reinsert the bore sight and record the location on the chart and log it in my journal.

I have a laser bore sight and don't like it nearly as much as I do the old style one.

FDXX75

Nhill

If you change scopes out a lot, I would probably recommend one, but I don't see thqat it would be worth it for a regular gun owner. It will just save you a shot or two.

FULLDRAWXX75

Nhill said:
If you change scopes out a lot, I would probably recommend one, but I don't see thqat it would be worth it for a regular gun owner. It will just save you a shot or two.

I do all my own basic gunsmithing work at home and for my friends, it has paid for itself 10 fold in not having to run to the gunsmith and wasting ammo.

But, agree........if you only have one scoped weapon and you have never messed with the scope. Don't bother.

FDXX75

PS: I have done 5 scope swap outs since Sept., got one more to do as soon as my rear rings is avail.

Latest posts