Bootheel Report

cbhunter

Well late tomorrow I will head over to Kennett for my last weekend. It's been 3 weeks since I was there. It'd be nice to end my Bootheel days on a high note.
Question:

Is 412 always covered up with ducks where the 4 ditches run side by side? This would be 5-6 miles before Kennett (guess)

lots and lots if flooded fields without pits when I came through there sunday

WilcoKen

Question:

Is 412 always covered up with ducks where the 4 ditches run side by side? This would be 5-6 miles before Kennett (guess)

lots and lots if flooded fields without pits when I came through there sunday
The times Ive been this year, no. There was a few times last year there would be ducks out there.

Dodge Man

Normally. When you fall off the bluff on I55, heading towards the bridge, going towards Missouri, before the Mississippi, you will see ducks on the slash water after a big rain.l have yet to see any ducks on any this year.
They we're trying to lease that field before duck season. I think it was $15,000 and not blind on the property.

WilcoKen

I don't know if "covered up" was a good way to put it but I seen several hundred within a couple miles on the water. One little area with timber probably had 50-60 ducks on it
Yes that little spot of timber usually holds a few. Maybe some birds have moved in those fields since I was last there. It's been several weeks.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Two guys got skunked again yesterday at our spot.
Think they killed 2 a couple days before that.

A few of us are headed over there tomorrow.
Gonna hunt the first 30 minutes then, if nothing has changed, we are gonna pick our crap up and I will be done with that mess.

gasman

Two guys got skunked again yesterday at our spot.
Think they killed 2 a couple days before that.

A few of us are headed over there tomorrow.
Gonna hunt the first 30 minutes then, if nothing has changed, we are gonna pick our crap up and I will be done with that mess.
Yup. Too bad we got some leeches that just wanted to hunt and not put in any work of putting decoys out or picking them up

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Yup. Too bad we got some leeches that just wanted to hunt and not put in any work of putting decoys out or picking them up
Always seems to a few in every group. Some have more than others. There's probably 4 or 5 in our group that will show up and work when we can, and a lot more than we would have to if we had more help on work days. And then there's 3 or 4 that will pitch in money for supplies and only show up to hunt. It causes discord on the home front when I wind up having to show up way too often to have a place, and there's only one, sometimes 2 others there out of a group of 9.

Latest posts