Bobcat, no tag needed correct?

jman 125

In TN, No tag or need to report harvest unless selling overseas, then u need CITES tag. Correct? Thx
You dont have to report harvest or need one to transport but you will need a cites tag for taxidermy and or tannery work.
This is straight from the wardens mouth
And also that was the first thing the processor we take our hides to asked for and we do not sell our hides

JCDEERMAN

You dont have to report harvest or need one to transport but you will need a cites tag for taxidermy and or tannery work.
This is straight from the wardens mouth
And also that was the first thing the processor we take our hides to asked for and we do not sell our hides
What is a cites tag? How do you get one of those?

jman 125

What is a cites tag? How do you get one of those?
It's a tag that you get from the warden. It looks just like the tags that the alligator hunters use on the swamp people show use. The best way to get them is call the region office and go from there. Our warden had to go to the office and get ours and I had to meet up with him to pick them up. Same thing applies to otter to.

CATCHDAWG

It's a tag that you get from the warden. It looks just like the tags that the alligator hunters use on the swamp people show use. The best way to get them is call the region office and go from there. Our warden had to go to the office and get ours and I had to meet up with him to pick them up. Same thing applies to otter to.
Your warden needs to go back to school to get updated on current laws/regulations. I have both tanned and mounted bobcats from licensed taxidermist and tanneries. You do not need a tag unless exporting.

Boone25/06

Never seen any taxidermist around ask for them. Have had one done myself and know 2 from other taxidermist that never had them. Exports or sales is the way everyone I've know understands it.

CATCHDAWG

For anyone interested, the tag requirement (or lack of) is pretty clear on page 15 of the hunting guide.
0B5B35D2-AA03-44E2-8869-29A35985715F.jpeg

Latest posts