Bob tail female this am 031313

Plateau Hunter

Ok- went again this morning-37*, 5-10 nw wind, partly cloudy. The first set was uneventful except that the batteries died in my Foxpro after about 30 minutes which was good enough. I always carry a couple of hand calls too so the dead batteries were no big deal. Ate a snack and drank a coke and then moved about 1/4 mile away to set up again over a small saddle along a known travel way. Being a good site for an ambush just decided to watch awhile- after about 30 minutes I spotted a coyote cross wind of me working through the timber toward me; it would move a few yards and then stop and watch/listen. It finally stopped in a clear place broadside at about 25 yds. The 85g Sierra ended her career with a pinwheel through the chest-bang flop-no yips spins nor struggles. She was a good sized female with a bobbed tail from some sort of old injury I reckon. Anyway another good day in the field.
photo_zps05bf20f4.jpg

photo_zpsa2359a0e.jpg

photo_zpsd62a919d.jpg

7mmDeathPunch

Good kill man, congrats.

Where did you find you 85g bullets?

Or if your not reloding what Type of ammo is it.

cant find any higher than 77g bullets around here

Plateau Hunter

The rifle is a 6.5mm wildcat that I have to reload for-using Sierra .264 diameter 85g bullets. Thanks for the comments but don't brag too much-I missed one this morning at about 225 yards*!#!#!#! Should have made the shot but think I shot just over him-durn. Would have been 3 for 3 mornings in a row but glad to call one in anyway-there will be another day.

Latest posts