Boat registration question

Chaneylake

Just before Wm Pendergrast went into hospital with virus(RIP), he gave his flatbottom boat, motor and trailer away if he didn't survive.
New owner needs to register rig in his name.
No paperwork can be found. Wm Pendersrast never kept stuff like paperwork.
Wm died with no will.
No death notice.
No funeral.
He gave us instructions on where to scatter his ashes.

What does new owner need to do to properly register the boat?
The boat was a gift.

Last edited:

Sam Davis

First thing I would do is go to the county court clerks office with the boat registration number and serial number and proof of transfer of ownership.

Sam Davis

If it's been on the water it should have the TWRA numbers on it. The serial number should be on the back of the boat( transom). That should be all you need besides the transfer of ownership. To be legal if it's been on the water he should have the registration somewhere in the boat. Just trying to help. Been there before.

Chaneylake

If it's been on the water it should have the TWRA numbers on it. The serial number should be on the back of the boat( transom). That should be all you need besides the transfer of ownership. To be legal if it's been on the water he should have the registration somewhere in the boat. Just trying to help. Been there before.
I guess "no paperwork" means nothing to some people.

I will just wait for a TWRA answer.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
You might try giving the boat registration folks a call at 615-781-5270 and see if they can give you some guidance.

Safari Hunt

Registration paperwork is required to be kept on the watercraft. My bass boat had a card that had all the info and kept it the toolbox. Call the TWRA and make sure you get the name of the person that gives the information.

Latest posts