Boat Landing Thief

H

Hawk

FB post. This happened in Western Dyer County @ TWRA boat ramp @ Bradley Bridge.

Bo Rogers
29 December at 14:36 ·
Please Share! Someone stole the winch off of my pickup truck this morning at Bradley boat ramp in Finley. It's a WARN VR 8,000lb along with a dozen Dakota decoys, camper hitch, and spare trailer tire. If you have any information please send me a message. I promise you I will make it worth your while.

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
Sure are some sorry pieces of trash out there.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

R

ronnycl

just maybe karma will catch up...like maybe a winch cable breaking and wrapping around his head...hate a thief

Crow Terminator

Crow Terminator

This is apparently becoming a very popular thing for thieves...hitting boat ramps. It started several years back when people were stealing catalytic converters off vehicles. They'd roll up with a saws all and get every vehicle there. Then scrap dropped and scrap yards also cracked down on taking them. Especially when the same people were coming up with 15 or more every weekend. So that fizzled out.

Now they are just doing what they done to yours....anything of value they can see, they get it. Winches, tool boxes, you name it. In Meigs Co, TN the deputies are telling people to use the ramps at their own risk because of it. Dad's truck got broke into 2x this past year at different boat ramps. He was using a nice free TWRA ramp on Watts Bar and got his window smashed in there. They took what little he had in his truck and tried to steal his truck. He caught them in the act but they got gone when he pulled in with the boat. He started watching that ramp and caught the same people breaking into a blue pickup just a few days later. He tried running them down but couldn't keep up with them. He started using a pay ramp, where the people are supposed to keep an eye out for such things and got broke into there too. Prob the same bunch. The sheriff deputy didn't act like he wanted to even take a report, and just told him it was a common thing now, and to find different ramps. Took them nearly 2 hrs to get there. He talked to a TWRA officer there later on and told him about the break ins....he said they were aware of it and were looking into putting cameras there but who knows.

I just know it's a shame a man can't go hunt or fish out of sight from his truck without having to worry about thieves.

S

slagtown_dfa

This is a problem at every public boat ramp around Tims Ford Lake here in Franklin County.