Boat is finally ready for spring

TNReb

I've been putting off cleaning this thing.

Over the winter I have ...

- Updated software on all graphs
- Had new brake calipers/pads installed
- Removed the old trailer wiring and re-wired it
- Replaced red motor decals with darker ones
- Had 300 hour service done on the motor
- Put a new Hydromotive prop on
- Added Ghost trolling motor to the NMEA network, because I was lazy and didn't do that previously
- General maintenance like checking transom bolts, etc.

I finally broke down and cleaned it today. Washed, waxed, detailed, vacuumed, etc.

She has her scratches and stuff but she's as clean as she's going to get.

Unfortunately all of my rods and tackle are sitting in the house waiting for a day to be cleaned, restrung, lubed, etc.

Attachments

• 20220220_153215.jpg
    20220220_153215.jpg
    380.9 KB · Views: 183
  • 20220220_153225.jpg
    20220220_153225.jpg
    401.2 KB · Views: 168

utvolsfan77

Man, you got off easy! This time last year I got to checking various things on my 1999 ProTeam 185 and ended up having to totally rewire everything. I also moved two dedicated trolling batteries to the forward hatch. Due to my mom passing, personal medical issues and the time it took to do this work, I didn't get to use it very much last year. I'm more than itching to get on the water this year.

Last edited:

TNReb

Don't forget to register it this year.
I'm good for a few more months.
I've been called worse for sure! 😆 Seriously though I get both sides and when we're skiing and surfing I do my best to stay away from those fishing.
I'm just giving you a hard time.

Pleasure boaters have as much right to the lake as fishermen. As long as everyone is being safe I try not to complain.

WTM

What is the reason for this? I know it's apples and oranges, but I have a Garmin Force and it never crossed my mind to add it to the network, if that's even possible. It does everything wireless.
garmin networks wirelessly and lowrance uses nmea2k network, to the mfd. one of the couple of differences between the two (garmin including the remote being another). maybe a patent or cost issue, idk.

Spurhunter

garmin networks wirelessly and lowrance uses nmea2k network, to the mfd. one of the couple of differences between the two (garmin including the remote being another). maybe a patent or cost issue, idk.
Thanks. I installed a network to link my Garmin at the console to my outboard, but that's all I use it for. I was making sure I wasn't missing something.

WTM

Thanks. I installed a network to link my Garmin at the console to my outboard, but that's all I use it for. I was making sure I wasn't missing something.
those types of devices is all garmin uses the nmea 2k for. also if you havent noticed or found it, both do not have an option for contour tracking. johnson outdoors owns the patent on that feature. but you can create your own gps tracks/trails to follow contours.

Latest posts