Blueberries

Rancocas

I used to grow high bush in Putnam county and they did very well. In western KY not so well. they like well drained rich but acidic soils. Deer love them and will prune them like they do apple trees.
yep; what Popcorn said.
My oldest son has a blueberry farm up in southern New Jersey. Lots of blueberries and lots of cranberries there. Sandy loam, acidic, and well-drained. Blueberries don't do well in clay. He has a problem with deer pruning his bushes.
The cranberries grow in bogs. Deer eat cranberries, too. Best for waterfowl.

Kligan

Snakes. They are a terrible thing to deal with. There are many things that should be taken into consideration when deciding to organize a garden. I am fortunate enough to have a house that has a pretty big garden. My wife loves to plant different fruit trees and I love to take care of them. I've recently read about some expandable hose reviews because I've wanted to upgrade my old one. It's crucial to have the best tools available in order to be able to do a perfect job. And they last much longer than the cheaper ones, trust me

Last edited:

DaveB

Don't know about East Tennessee but here in Shelby County an older gentleman and his wife had a few acres and grew blueberries like nothing I ever seen. Yields were unreal--saw with my own eyes. Said he planted them so he could eat them with ice cream and he and his wife exploded into laughter.

He brought me 2 quart plastic bowls brimming with fresh blueberries.

No snakes, bugs, deer, no issues at all except the mass of pine needles he used. Wind can catch them.

Wish he was still around.

WTM

Snakes. They are a terrible thing to deal with. There are many things that should be taken into consideration when deciding to organize a garden. I am fortunate enough to have a house that has a pretty big garden. My wife loves to plant different fruit trees and I love to take care of them. I've recently read about some expandable hose reviews because I've wanted to upgrade my old one. It's crucial to have the best tools available in order to be able to do a perfect job. And they last much longer than the cheaper ones, trust me
then dont deal with them unless they are poisonous. they are the best at dealing with pests and insects along with toads. love seeing garters and ring necks in my garden.

Latest posts