Blackhorn 209

iowavf

Can't find it anywhere in Iowa or Nebraska so far. Sure hope that changes because I need to mount my scope and get it sighted in after warranty work on the scope.

iowavf

I finally found some Barnes 195gr expanders on line but just can't find any blackhorn. Posted my Encore Tuesday night and sold it this morning, picked up a Mossberg 450 bushmaster on the way home. Iowa made straight wall cartridge's legal a couple years ago for both shotgun and late ML season. The place I bought the gun had plenty of it on hand. My ML days are over you might say.

knightrider

I finally found some Barnes 195gr expanders on line but just can't find any blackhorn. Posted my Encore Tuesday night and sold it this morning, picked up a Mossberg 450 bushmaster on the way home. Iowa made straight wall cartridge's legal a couple years ago for both shotgun and late ML season. The place I bought the gun had plenty of it on hand. My ML days are over you might say.
Don't blame you one bit!!! Good luck 👍

LanceS4803

I have a new MZ and need to get it sighted in. Good on powder, but will definitely be conservative with primers and bullets.

dogsled

2-Step Enabled
Any updates on BH209 in the Chattanooga or Knoxville areas? I have a bunch of powerbelts, great plains and magnum primers that I can offer in trade. And cash of course if anyone has any full containers that they want to part with.

dogsled

2-Step Enabled
I have a new extra can of BH209 here in Knoxville if anyone wants to buy for what I paid, I have the receipt. I got it thinking a friend would probably take it because if he was having trouble finding it, then he found some and didn't need it what I had picked up.
I don't suppose this is still available? I tried to PM you, but apparently can't due to being a new account.

iowavf

If you enter a zip code it will check Walmart stores in a surrounding area to let you know if it's in stock.

dogsled

2-Step Enabled

If you enter a zip code it will check Walmart stores in a surrounding area to let you know if it's in stock.
Thanks, I tried that and came up blank. Had to travel to Atlanta for work, checked a couple of random Walmarts on the way, no luck. Also checked the Cabela's in Ackworth, GA. Lots of Pyrodex and reloading bullets, no Blackhorn.

iowavf

Thanks, I tried that and came up blank. Had to travel to Atlanta for work, checked a couple of random Walmarts on the way, no luck. Also checked the Cabela's in Ackworth, GA. Lots of Pyrodex and reloading bullets, no Blackhorn.
Ya closest one to me was like 3.5 hours away when I was looking.

Carlos

Hey, you've got plenty of time, nearly a year to find more. It's RIFLE season now!
🙂
As posted earlier, the 209 magnum primers are what's really impossible to find, and have been for the last 8-9 months.

dogsled

2-Step Enabled
Hey, you've got plenty of time, nearly a year to find more. It's RIFLE season now!
🙂
As posted earlier, the 209 magnum primers are what's really impossible to find, and have been for the last 8-9 months.
The powerbelts I was using are too loose and prone to hangfire -- at least that is what I think the problem is. I thought I would try and work up a load with some different sabots, but you are right no real hurry. Just would give me a reason to get to the range. I did get lucky and managed to score ~700 Federal 209A at the local pawn shop for $20. So I am good there.

Latest posts