Blackhorn 209

Remington700

I have been on the hunt for Blackhorn 209 to no avail. I have emailed them and they said Walmart, Midway, and Basspro all had gotten shipments. All of them have been showing out of stock for a while. Lucked up and found some at a local store today. They had 9 when I got there. This stuff is being sold for 7 times what I gave for it on GB. If you are on the West side and need some PM me.
If you know where I can find some Barnes T-ez 250 grain. Please pass on the info.
thanks!

Last edited:

RobDooley

that is the exact load that I use in my CVA Apex. Accuracy is unreal. Last time I was at Sportsman Warehouse (Chattanooga) they had some. Probably no help. Last year I ordered directly from Barnes. I actually called them on the phone and spoke with a real person. Good Luck.

Woodman

Found and bought some Blackhorn 209 at Walmart today. Price was the same as before, made in Canada now & the box is blue now as opposed to red before.

There were three 10.oz boxes on a low shelf ......... I have a full 10.oz box at home, but since the price was the same as before the panic I decided to get some. Who knows when there may be another shortage.

Now I would like to find some magnum shotshell primers!!!!!

AM84

None here around me at all. I went to a couple different wal marts and bass pro….zero luck. I just purchased a Remington UML and having it sent for the arrowhead conversion and have no powder. Ugh.

Tenntrapper

None here around me at all. I went to a couple different wal marts and bass pro….zero luck. I just purchased a Remington UML and having it sent for the arrowhead conversion and have no powder. Ugh.
All of the Walmarts around me have plenty of it.

If you need me to, i could pick up some for you. Im coming to Bristol the middle of next month for the race. If that would help you out. Let me know before it gets gone though.

Andy S.

Saw 5 bottles at a local WM today.

E971102B-0CB7-44AA-81FF-1F511F28CDBE.jpeg

Carlos

I'm considering switching over to Blackhorn powder.
It may not be a good year to do it, from the sound of things.
I'd need the magnum primers, and a new breech plug as well, correct?

Remington700

I'm considering switching over to Blackhorn powder.
It may not be a good year to do it, from the sound of things.
I'd need the magnum primers, and a new breech plug as well, correct?
Yes, you will need a new breech depending on what you currently have. Also, 209M primers. That will be the hardest to find probably. They recommended Federal or CCI.

Carlos

I drove to Nashville today and found a box of BH209 at the Charlotte Pike Walmart. They only had the 1, so I cruised over to Ashland City and picked up another 1.

I have the BH breech plug. Where can I find some of the magnum primers?

Latest posts