Blackhorn 209 Anyone ?

TNJones4530

2-Step Enabled
Weighed out 20 tubes at 77.2 grains per tube and put them into blackhorn 209 tubes.

Just to note for those using volume, which I know people are aware of… but numerous tubes look around the 90ish grains volume. But every filled tube appeared between 90-100 volume.

Also, looking at Blackhorn 209 Data, 77gr weight should be about 110gr volume

Last edited:

RockMcL

Fired 20 more round balls with fffg Goex today …
Murphy's Oil Soap for patch lube…
No wiping, no crud ring ..cleaned up with 6 patches..😬👍

Just sayin'
There's more than one way too skin a cat!👍
Once again and old man learns something of value on this forum. A natural based soap I use "after" can be used "while". Dah moment. Gonna try add a little to my deer tallow/beeswax lube next batch.
Thanks

TNJones4530

2-Step Enabled
3 shots group, intentionally high, at 50 yards with the 290 gr T-EZ and about 77.2 gr of blackhorn 209. Unreal how well the grit comes out of the barrel with just a simple swab..

Attachments

• F3F06922-366C-4FD5-83FE-473B33A74B46.jpeg
    F3F06922-366C-4FD5-83FE-473B33A74B46.jpeg
    131.8 KB · Views: 42

dogsled

2-Step Enabled
I have been watching prices on gunbroker. Last night 2 10 oz cans sold for 300 + 55.00 ship . I been buying some at Walmart. Just in case it goes back up.
I understand the concepts of supply and demand and what the market will bear, etc., but people paying those prices are part of the problem. During the Obama days when it was impossible to find 22 ammo, we had a family member that worked at WalMart. She said people would line up in the mornings on Tuesday when the trucks arrived to snatch any ammo available. It was lot of the same people and her theory was that a lot were retired people looking to resell at flea markets, etc.
I guess I should be glad that my buddy didn't want the bottle that I picked up for him just in case when I got mine this year. As with other ammo, I can wait until the madness subsides, if it ever does.

DaveTN

I understand the concepts of supply and demand and what the market will bear, etc., but people paying those prices are part of the problem. During the Obama days when it was impossible to find 22 ammo, we had a family member that worked at WalMart. She said people would line up in the mornings on Tuesday when the trucks arrived to snatch any ammo available. It was lot of the same people and her theory was that a lot were retired people looking to resell at flea markets, etc.
I guess I should be glad that my buddy didn't want the bottle that I picked up for him just in case when I got mine this year. As with other ammo, I can wait until the madness subsides, if it ever does.
I agree. And it will return to normal at some point. I'll just wait.

I jumped into reloading over a year ago and that was a mistake. I bought all the equipment I needed and now can't get primers. I'm not paying $150 for a brick of primers. With U.S. ammo manufacturers shipping billions of rounds to the Ukraine, I'm sure that's restricting availability.

RockMcL

I bought a five gallon jug 2-3 years ago. Don't remember what I paid but think it was less than two 10 oz bottles now. Each year I split out a bottle for each of the boys and myself. When I burn the whole thing will either buy more if reasonable or just use FF. If run out of that, make my own.

If run out of primers, flintlock.

I am always cleaning BP revolvers or rifles anyway. Like the BH but would live without it at current prices 😕

dogsled

2-Step Enabled
I agree. And it will return to normal at some point. I'll just wait.

I jumped into reloading over a year ago and that was a mistake. I bought all the equipment I needed and now can't get primers. I'm not paying $150 for a brick of primers. With U.S. ammo manufacturers shipping billions of rounds to the Ukraine, I'm sure that's restricting availability.
The last primers that I picked up were from estate and divorce sales. You might consider those. I got a stellar deal at the divorce sale. Sold the things I didn't need and kept the primers, bullets and powder that I could use. Basically got the stuff for free and am set for a while.