Black coyote

Ridgeline300

Been a few years ago but while duck hunting the lake I saw this coyote across the big creek up in a hillside. With the snow he obviously stuck out like a sore thumb. It was around 300 yards across the water and close to 400 yards to the back of the creek. With nothing to call in a coyote with I took my glove off and started making kissy noises on the back of hand, hard to explain but maybe you get the point. To my surprise it worked, could immediately tell I had her attention as she looked up and turned. She started down the hill to the edge of the water and worked all the way to the back, crossed over and started around towards us. A couple times I had to call some more to keep her motivated but she kept coming all the way to 10 yards. 3.5" 2 shot from a 12ga killed her stone dead. Cool memory.

Attachments

• EBDDD432-1646-4C3D-9EE3-13DB552C66BC.jpeg
    EBDDD432-1646-4C3D-9EE3-13DB552C66BC.jpeg
    247.6 KB · Views: 81

Atchman2

Congrats! I have one on my game camera from time to time. I'm thinking of trapping them since I'm not having any luck calling them in on this property. I'd still at least get the hide preserved!

Gronkmonster

Been a few years ago but while duck hunting the lake I saw this coyote across the big creek up in a hillside. With the snow he obviously stuck out like a sore thumb. It was around 300 yards across the water and close to 400 yards to the back of the creek. With nothing to call in a coyote with I took my glove off and started making kissy noises on the back of hand, hard to explain but maybe you get the point. To my surprise it worked, could immediately tell I had her attention as she looked up and turned. She started down the hill to the edge of the water and worked all the way to the back, crossed over and started around towards us. A couple times I had to call some more to keep her motivated but she kept coming all the way to 10 yards. 3.5" 2 shot from a 12ga killed her stone dead. Cool memory.
Kill a yote save a duck!

Latest posts