Black bellied whistling duck

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
This is a terrible picture but there were two of them on the pond I fish by the house today

First ones I have ever seen.

81EBAC47-C41C-469A-B5A0-54C83358E274.jpeg

mike243

Thats a pretty bird that looks to be married, wonder if eatable or even a season on them, I would be afraid to go duck hunting without somebody that knew birds to tell me which ones to shoot at 🤣

Chickenrig

Thats a pretty bird that looks to be married, wonder if eatable or even a season on them, I would be afraid to go duck hunting without somebody that knew birds to tell me which ones to shoot at 🤣
They are absolutely edible and very good table fare at that!!!! I have hunted them in S Fl .
They stupid ducks though . The flock just stays in the air on repeated same path untill they all get killed . Good looking bird in hand

Pic IN the Casa

They very well could be wild. I knew some waterfowl hobbyists in your area awhile back (maybe one or two still around). They would have some exotics get out of their pens, every once in a while, and undoubtedly end up on ponds, parks and even Reelfoot.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
They very well could be wild. I knew some waterfowl hobbyists in your area awhile back (maybe one or two still around). They would have some exotics get out of their pens, every once in a while, and undoubtedly end up on ponds, parks and even Reelfoot.
Cool
These are the first I have ever seen
My son works at a place in obion on occasion and he said he sees them there all the time

Dodge Man

I had a flock of 22 stop at my pond last spring. I have seen groups of 2, 5-6, 10-12 and the larger group of 20+ a few times. All at my house landing around or looking at my pond. I have seen a few pairs in the bottoms around our duck blind.

Latest posts