Black bellied whistling duck

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
This is a terrible picture but there were two of them on the pond I fish by the house today

First ones I have ever seen.

81EBAC47 C41C 469A B5A0 54C83358E274

Dodge Man

Dodge Man

Supporter
I have seen them on my pond and near out duck blind in the bottoms the past 3 years in the spring. If you look up the nesting areas for them it comes up to South West TN. I guess they are expanding north some.

M

mike243

Thats a pretty bird that looks to be married, wonder if eatable or even a season on them, I would be afraid to go duck hunting without somebody that knew birds to tell me which ones to shoot at 🤣

Chickenrig

Chickenrig

Thats a pretty bird that looks to be married, wonder if eatable or even a season on them, I would be afraid to go duck hunting without somebody that knew birds to tell me which ones to shoot at 🤣
They are absolutely edible and very good table fare at that!!!! I have hunted them in S Fl .
They stupid ducks though . The flock just stays in the air on repeated same path untill they all get killed . Good looking bird in hand

Pic IN the Casa

Pic IN the Casa

They very well could be wild. I knew some waterfowl hobbyists in your area awhile back (maybe one or two still around). They would have some exotics get out of their pens, every once in a while, and undoubtedly end up on ponds, parks and even Reelfoot.

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
They very well could be wild. I knew some waterfowl hobbyists in your area awhile back (maybe one or two still around). They would have some exotics get out of their pens, every once in a while, and undoubtedly end up on ponds, parks and even Reelfoot.
Cool
These are the first I have ever seen
My son works at a place in obion on occasion and he said he sees them there all the time

Dodge Man

Dodge Man

Supporter
I had a flock of 22 stop at my pond last spring. I have seen groups of 2, 5-6, 10-12 and the larger group of 20+ a few times. All at my house landing around or looking at my pond. I have seen a few pairs in the bottoms around our duck blind.

RUGER

RUGER

Supporter
First saw 'em in the Hatchie about 3 years ago.
Man said there is a crap ton of them that hang out at Green Plains (ethanol plant in Obion).

Dodge Man

Dodge Man

Supporter
3B9D0E1F 8308 4ADA 8563 1D63EA1C996D
F371FFD1 49F6 4352 99E4 BC63101BD80D

I now have at least 7 of the ducks hanging around with 25-30 Canada geese at my pond and in the corn field around it.