• Help Support TNDeer:

BITCoin

gtk

Administrator
Staff member
A few months ago, I accidentally bought some bitcoin twice. Turned out one bitcoin tx was rejected so I ended up with an extra $200 in bitcoin.

I checked on the value at first, but sort of forgot about it. It wasn't really changing so i just left it.

I saw a blurb on the news about bitcoin tanking, so I checked on mine. DANG I wish I had checked on it two days ago !!

Now i need to decide whether to leave it or cash out.

Primary

Primary

TNDeer Assistant
Here are some related products that TNDeer members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TNDeer’s partner,Primary, where you can find links to TNDeer discussions about these products.

TAFKAP

seats ejection GIF

backyardtndeer

My son in law said he wanted to get into bitcoin back around Christmas. He is currently an unemployed chemical engineer, very smart kid, but is drawing unemployment and can't find a job. I just said hmmm, while thinking to myself priorities??? Wanted to tell him now is not the time, but kids these days know it all and don't like to open their ears.

gtk

Administrator
Staff member
And where do you cash this out?
I think there is a way to txfer/cash out , into m y checking account from whence i originally purchased bitcoin.

i will prob cash it out, but also wonder what would it look like in 3-4 yrs ? $200 isn't going to make/break me .

gasman

I think there is a way to txfer/cash out , into m y checking account from whence i originally purchased bitcoin.

i will prob cash it out, but also wonder what would it look like in 3-4 yrs ? $200 isn't going to make/break me .
Hold on to it. It's only going up. It will fall and climb, but it will continue to rise. JMO

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
I’m holding mine right now. I’ve been slowly buying btc and eth with my lottery money. Friends gave me .01 ($50) btc for a birthday gift...it was work almost $800 the other day. Lol 😂

Tennrock

Don't forget your password. 😰

There’s one password San Francisco programmer Stefan Thomas probably should have memorized. It’s standing between him and $240 million.

Thomas holds a small hard drive, called an IronKey, that contains the keys to a digital wallet containing 7,002 Bitcoin, the New York Times reported Tuesday. That amounts to exactly $242,546,164.27.

But Thomas can’t seem to figure out the password — and he only has two more chances to get it right. The IronKey only allows users ten guesses.

Thomas said he lost the paper where the password was written years ago. He’s already tried eight of his most commonly used passwords.

gtk

Administrator
Staff member
I’m holding mine right now. I’ve been slowly buying btc and eth with my lottery money. Friends gave me .01 ($50) btc for a birthday gift...it was work almost $800 the other day. Lol 😂
i just checked mine again. I think we should have sold the other day.. there goes another couple hundred $'s.

flyinpro

Supporter
I don’t know very much about it. Haven’t tried to study it. But anything electronic these especially gives me pause.

I’m hoping quid Pro Joe won’t cut off my military pension to fund Guatemalan housing.

Rancocas

My wife does the stock buying and selling in our family; and she does very, very well at it. ():~)
My suggestion - if you really need the cash, sell some of your stock, maybe get your original investment back, but certainly do not sell all of it. Let it ride, up or down, just let it sit for the long term - unless you're nearing end of term yourself, then cash out and have a final fling.
The Trump administration was great for the stock market.

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
i just checked mine again. I think we should have sold the other day.. there goes another couple hundred $'s.
You need stops, and limits in place to do this right. I'm buying when it drops, and putting stops when it drops some points to cover my actual costs. So far, my costs are covered.

Latest posts