Bit the bullet

dhpro

Well age and shoulders finally got me!!purchased a ten point nitro x . Any pointers will be appreciated!!thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heath423

2-Step Enabled
Re: Bit the bullet

@dhpro The Nitro XRD is an excellent bow. CrossbowNation.com is an excellent forum for more information and help. I have learned a lot from that group. X-bow conversation here I found was a little slow on this site.
As with all things, be sure to understand the safety aspects of it. Be extremely careful not to put any part of your body inside the "V" if you want to keep that body part. X-bows are a little louder than vertical compound bows and you can reduce some of that noise if you increase you bolt (arrow) weight. You have plenty of speed in that bow to give up some fps for heavier bolts. Your scope should have a speed ring on it, so adjusting it and zeroing back in should be done easily.
When target practicing never aim at the same spot as the previous shoot. If you do, you run a very high risk of robin hooding your arrows and that gets expensive. Enjoy your new bow as I have found they are fun to shot and hunt with. Depending on how steady you are when free hand shooting...Ten Point makes a "Steady Eddy" that is a really good accessory. It is basically a monopod that is designed to rest on your hip instead of the ground.
If I can be of any help to you feel free to reach out. Enjoy your new toy!

dhpro

Thanks!! I'm going look for the shooting stick you speak about. So far the accuracy is amazing. The bolts weigh about 500 gr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rakkin6

I have the stealth next and love it. Get a good sling for it they do get a little heavy to carry without one. And make sure you have a safe place to store your acudraw hand crank. I know on my stealth they have a tendency to fall out of the slot that is on the crossbow itself. Dropped mine in the woods on time. Luckily I found it, now I keep it in my pocket or pack.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Heath423

2-Step Enabled

Rakkin6":29nntpws said:
I have the stealth next and love it. Get a good sling for it they do get a little heavy to carry without one. And make sure you have a safe place to store your acudraw hand crank. I know on my stealth they have a tendency to fall out of the slot that is on the crossbow itself. Dropped mine in the woods on time. Luckily I found it, now I keep it in my pocket or pack.

They make a case to carry the crank that will attach to your belt. Or the quick and cheapest route is to get a small, short "Nite Ize" gear tie and twist it around the crank and stock. https://www.niteize.com/product/Gear-Tie-6.asp

Rakkin6

Forvols":dbaqfnaa said:
Recommend the claw for a sling, I have one on my Excalibur 355 and also on my REM 700.
2nd this I have a claw on my crossbow and all my long guns and shotguns.

Latest posts