Birds still grouped up

Uncle Jesse

I got to watch a group of turkeys almost day while working yesterday. It started out with 11 and, as far as I could tell, they were all bearded. By 2:00 PM it was up to 15 and fights were starting to break out. It was funny watching them run to the ones fighting. By 6:00 PM only 7 were left. I don't think they ever gobbled and they for sure didn't strut any, that I saw anyway. They're acting a lot different than they were this time last year.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Bobby G sent me a picture the other day of WELL over 100 birds in one field.

Pretty neat.

Juvy should be interesting.

Uncle Jesse

Well, things changed overnight. I didn't work in the same field but did drive by and saw 1 struttin with hens. There were still 6 or 7 longbeards though. Guess it's a good thing that I didn't work on that side. I wouldn't have accomplished anything :D

Orion6

I am seeing the same thing. Gobblers still together for sure.

Just chomping at the bit to get my daughter out there next weekend. :)

Hollar Hunter

Their breaking up into smaller groups now. 6 to 20 hens and the gobblers are starting to strut regularly and looking for the hens...

woodsman87

Yep, they still grouped up somewhat but it ought to be changing by the days. Sunday morning heard zero on my place, and one on a distance neighbors. This morning there was at least three gobbling right behind my house. They either wasn't there Sunday morning or were just silent.

Either way though, it is getting that time. Wait till the grasshoppers start coming out.

Latest posts