Bird #3. Straight off the roost

Bone Collector

Rob-HC Hunter":alt2nkx3 said:
Bone Collector":alt2nkx3 said:
Man you are on fire. I had a run like that in 2016. It is addictive for sure.

Did you use the Crystal Mistress for all 3 birds?

Congrats!
Thanks

I use a combination of the Crystal Mistress and Twised Sister on my last two hunts. I use different pegs for a slight variance in sound - yellow heart is my favorite for soft tree yelps.

I used Halloran's short checkered box call (walnut and butternut) to get one coming from over 200 yards away.

I know you can kill one with calls from Walmart. I just prefer good quality calls and equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love my Crystal Mistress. I have run the Twisted sister at the NWTF convention and will likely buy one eventually. I also have a Metal Mouth 2 that I like a lot.
Honestly, the one thing I have learned in my 10 years of turkey hunting is that I spent a lot of money on crappy gear before I started listening to some of the guys on here and started to get better calls and equipment. While it is not actually necessary IMO It does make a difference.

Rob-HC Hunter

I agree. There is so much stuff at the convention that isn't quality in terms of sound and construction.

David and Ashley are good people and their stuff is high quality and sounds amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts