binoculars

ratsnakeboogy

They are ok but in the low light situations you would be much better served with Zeiss, Steiner, Minox, or even Vortex.

Just depends on what you can spend. I saved for about a year to get my Zeiss Binos, and I couldn't be happier.

rdl65

I got a pair Minox from Cameraland and couldn't be happier with them. I think my old ones were Bushnell and there is a world of difference.

Hogbear

Model70Man

Good luck with any warranty work if your binoculars go belly up if you go with Bushnell.

I'm impressed with Promaster Infinity Elite ELX. The ED glass is awesome out to the edges and are a close second to the Big 3 IMO. The price is nice as well.

Kimberman

I would never buy optics based on what a magazine review rates them. You have to wonder which company payed the most for a favorable review, whether or not the company "provided" the optic or was it bought at a store. Its not unheard of for a company to submit what is labeled product A, when it is actually product B with product A labeling. The only way to buy optics is to look for yourself, and look through many. Inside the store doesnt do optics justice, outdoors is where you will be using them, so test them outdoors.

megalomaniac

Kimberman said:
I would never buy optics based on what a magazine review rates them. You have to wonder which company payed the most for a favorable review, whether or not the company "provided" the optic or was it bought at a store. Its not unheard of for a company to submit what is labeled product A, when it is actually product B with product A labeling. The only way to buy optics is to look for yourself, and look through many. Inside the store doesnt do optics justice, outdoors is where you will be using them, so test them outdoors.

Agreed...

Not saying the bushnell legends aren't the best glass... I haven't looked through them and haven't the foggiest. BUT, the outdoor rags are notorious for giving favorable reviews to sponsor dollars first, and quality/performance second.

In fact, it's gotten so bad with most magazine rack mags, that I'd almost advise to stay away from what they rate as 'the best'

rem270

ive got the bushnell excurison 10x42 and am very pleased with them. a good set of binocs was one of the best investments ive ever made in hunting. i hardly ever throw my rifle up anymore to look at deer unless its one im going to shoot.

ratsnakeboogy

Going to order my wife a pair of Minox 10x42 tomorrow from Doug at Cameraland. I Honestly don't think you can find better glass at the price Doug is charging.

rockwellS-10

Steiner Peregrine is the best I have looked through. If you watch Opticsplanets website you can get some good deals. I bought mine over 50 percent off.

Latest posts