Binocular Recommendation

K

knightrider

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2010
Messages
7,984
Location
tn
I have a 200 budget for a pair of binos to use for turkey hunting, what do you suggest
 
PillsburyDoughboy

PillsburyDoughboy

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2013
Messages
7,895
Location
Tn
knightrider":usc8jqaf said:
I have a 200 budget for a pair of binos to use for turkey hunting, what do you suggest

Leupold 8x32


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Buzzard Breath

Buzzard Breath

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2006
Messages
5,207
Location
Middle
For turkey hunting, I like the Nikon Travelite 8x25's. They are small and light enough to easily be carried in one of your vest's front pockets.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
 
A

Ahuntin1

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2009
Messages
751
Location
Collierville, TN
Get the vortex diamondbacks. They are awesome for the money. They are way better than the vortex crossfires that are just a little cheaper. I bought a pair of the diamondbacks in 8x28 for my dad for turkey hunting.
 
RUGER

RUGER

Well-Known Member
Supporter
Joined
Nov 19, 1999
Messages
4,138,247
Location
TN
BRUNTON ETERNA 10X42
 
TNRifleman

TNRifleman

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2015
Messages
6,140
Location
Out Hiking
It would be really hard to beat the new Diamondbacks in that price range.
 
double browtine

double browtine

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2010
Messages
6,962
Location
Cheatham/Montgomery County
I used to have a pair of Burris 8x26. They were an awesome small pair of binoculars. My son dropped them when he was about 5. They fell about 6' onto concrete. One of the prisms inside got knocked loose and they were no good. I called Burris and they didn't make that model anymore. They said if I mailed them to them, they would knock $50 off the MSRP on new model pair. I have been shopping around also, looking for a small pair for hunting. I'm considering the Steiner Safari Ultrasharp 10x26 for about $122 on optics planet.
 
R

RandyinTN

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 6, 2016
Messages
1,192
Leupold Yosemite 6x30mm, can find them for about $100. Wife and I both carry these when deer or turkey hunting. 6X offers a wider field of view and more magnification than we need in the woods. Very light, adjustable eye cups for glasses. Quality of the optics is superb. But the 8X version is not as good in my opinion. Never understood why hunters want more than 6X when hunting timber.
 
Tn_Va_Hunter

Tn_Va_Hunter

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2008
Messages
3,812
Location
SW VA
RandyinTN":3tyycd49 said:
Leupold Yosemite 6x30mm, can find them for about $100. Wife and I both carry these when deer or turkey hunting. 6X offers a wider field of view and more magnification than we need in the woods. Very light, adjustable eye cups for glasses. Quality of the optics is superb. But the 8X version is not as good in my opinion. Never understood why hunters want more than 6X when hunting timber.


This. Although I believe they stopped making them. But you can still find them. I have a pair and love them.
 
dr

dr

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2003
Messages
7,554
Location
USA
I've got a Nikon Monarch 8-32 and they are the clearest pair I've owned. Think they are around that price.
 
big 8s in Weakley county

big 8s in Weakley county

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2001
Messages
15,432
Location
South Fulton
Ahuntin1":2qo6379x said:
Get the vortex diamondbacks. They are awesome for the money. They are way better than the vortex crossfires that are just a little cheaper. I bought a pair of the diamondbacks in 8x28 for my dad for turkey hunting.


I like my diamondbacks
 

Similar threads

Carlos
Replies
11
Views
426
PillsburyDoughboy
PillsburyDoughboy
eastTN270
Replies
36
Views
778
Laserman1
L
Wildcat
Replies
0
Views
409
Wildcat
Wildcat
S
Replies
1
Views
485
ghostfive
ghostfive

Latest posts

Top