Big time back signs with Gators......

mtn cur

gator-n-buck":pcxsbzyf said:
Spurhunter":pcxsbzyf said:
gator-n-buck":pcxsbzyf said:
I didn't think you could answer the question. There has only been "one" RB to play in the NFL that was 6'4" or taller.... :)

He was 6'4".....Brandon Jacobs. There's a reason that there's only been "one"..... :)

Let's see your stats again... :tu:

Who the helll is talking about the NFL??? We are talking about UF and UT. News flash, those are COLLEGE teams! We are talking about COLLEGE players. Nice diversion though spin master.

Let's see.... We were talking about a RB height / pad level could contribute to injuries and you are posting stats. No one ever said that Hurd would get injuried every year. It just makes him an easier target.... :tu:

I can on name one RB in college that is 6'4" or taller... Hurd. Keep up with us.... :tu:
:bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:

mtn cur

spur done blowed up wiki and google try'n to find a 6'4" nfl back :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

gator-n-buck

mtn cur":o7pnf0nb said:
spur done blowed up wiki and google try'n to find a 6'4" nfl back :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Nahhhh ... He just post stats that have nothing to do will the debate. Nobody has stated that Hurd wasn't a good RB. Of course they tried to throw up my old debate but forgot some important facts..... :tu:

mtn cur

659691fb06f9f785171d02ffdc5ed30f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtn cur

Hillbilly Hunter":31lkaxgk said:
Who are you referring to? You post stuff out of the blue that does not fit the conversation. At least it's not in person, it would be awkward. :tu:

nah, you just sloooooooooooooooooooooooow :drool:

gator-n-buck

baddnole":1cjrhfe1 said:
While not 6' 4",Eddie George at 6'3" was pretty good. George ran high also. Just my two bits worth. :tu:

Eric Dickerson was also 6'3"..... :) Out of thousands of RBs... We can name a few but Dickerson had world class speed.... :tu:

TeamMainStreet

Ok I understand the argument about being taller and running taller makes you an easier target. I get that. I also get the fact that there are not and have not been very many 6-4 running backs in college or NFL.

Here is one thought on why that is. Starting early in a football players career, if that player is playing tailback but is built more like a receiver or tight end, coaches might switch them to a position that more fits their body type. Does that make sense? I's that logical to you guys? Seems legit to me.

Now there are guys that came up having more of a reciever body type that insisted on playing tailback for one, either somebody told him would not excel at that position or two he wouldn't play football period at any other position. Mr Hurd was told that he wouldn't make it as a tailback but guess what. Look who's an SEC tailback. And so far a fairly successful one. Do you all think that he did not know the punishment he was going to receive being a taller back? Sure he did. Didn't matter to him. Will he make it to the NFL? I think he will and given his other skill sets I think he will be successful there also.

No, there haven't been a bunch of tall backs make it in the pros. BUT, you gotta admit, the ones that did were pretty good backs.

The Hill

baddnole":grer66gq said:
While not 6' 4",Eddie George at 6'3" was pretty good. George ran high also. Just my two bits worth. :tu:

Do you not realize Hurd is 6'4". He is not 6'3". That is one inch and it is a pretty big deal around here. :bash:

If he would cut his hair off the top of his head the gators would probably offer him a scholly.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 748

baddnole

The Hill":10i27369 said:
baddnole":10i27369 said:

Do you not realize Hurd is 6'4". He is not 6'3". That is one inch and it is a pretty big deal around here. :bash:

If he would cut his hair off the top of his head the gators would probably offer him a scholly.

And a Mercedes :tu:

gator-n-buck

baddnole":a4v94g0s said:
The Hill":a4v94g0s said:
baddnole":a4v94g0s said:

And a Mercedes :tu:

To bad Cook's not 6'3" or 6'4" or we could be debating him.... :rotf:

Of course if I had to pick between Cook and Hurd..... Cook all day long because he's a lot more flexible and a lot faster... :)
Of course I would have to save bail money.... :rotf:

baddnole

To bad Cook's not 6'3" or 6'4" or we could be debating him.... :rotf:

Of course if I had to pick between Cook and Hurd..... Cook all day long because he's a lot more flexible and a lot faster... :)
Of course I would have to save bail money.... :rotf:

Reply to Gator::::::

Cook says the time in Gainesville is still 1:33 :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: or for the Gators that don't understand,27 to 2 :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

volunteer1

I graduated from UT in 2003 and those were the days were beating Florida at least more than we are now. Has for 6"2 running back that is dangerous. Look at this years heisman winner! I played football my whole life and I'm 6"2 190. I played tight end and was to small and to short by today's standards!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts